ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion: New Armatars

40 11599
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I mean completely new ones.

I am getting sick of all the armatars already there.
Seriously, there aren't even 1AP and 5AP armatars right now.

So how about new armatars. Not just ones that fit with the medieval themes but ones for just about anything

If you would like to suggest something about armatars go for it.

Suggestion: Thumbnail for game can be a armatar.
Possible (own idea) : Unlocked for beating the game or doing something.

• 40 Replies
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Thumbnail for game can be a armatar.

I like this idea and the second one.

We need more Armatars!

It would be good if we could get game related ones.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

They're probably thinking about that feature right now guys... everyone knows that if there's going to be a new ranking system, there's bound to be a revision made to the existing armatars.
But why loose the current ones?! I'm pretty happy with my current one! I'd be sad to have to give it up you know...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Quiet honestly, most of the default armatars are somewhat weird. I heard Cormyn talking about custom uploadable armatars. I'm pretty fine with that, as long as I get to upload some old AG2 armatars, in the event the AG2 ones are done away with.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

as long as I get to upload some old AG2

ha ha! they could be in the "classics" armatar section!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The 1AP and 5AP armatars are seasonal

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Come on Leo, even you should know this; you've been here long enough!

On the issue of new, official armatars, there were circumstances in which users like us submitted a set of armatars pertaining to a type and it was recorded officially. Zophia and her dinos come to mind

If we do have some awesome artists like her abound, we should get the freedom to have the set reviewed to see if it will be recorded officially, so that everyone else can use it. The unofficial armatars are made by regular users, but are only (supposed to be) temporary. If the created armatars are genuine enough, they should be permanently allowed, provided there is a set to go with it.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'll talk to Dan about new armatars. Joey thinks our last artist went on to do other things.

Following with the user-submitted armatar idea, it's something we've considered, where you'd be required to have a certain ranking/karma/etc before we allow you to submit armatars. Maybe we'll look at ways to reward you if other users (with a required level of rank/karma/whatever) choose your armatar for a minimum period of time.

I remember playing an MMO (Dark Age of Camelot, I think?) where if you made a cloak, and someone bound that cloak to their character, you got extra crafting points or something.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Hmm - sounds like a good idea. What about the ranking/karma idea with an element of voting? A gallery of potential user-submitted armatars goes up each month and the best 5-10 go up, maybe?

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I think the AG made armatars are fine. I think they should add new ones but I like these for now.
I don't like the idea of custom upload armatars because the AG armatars symbolize what rank you are. Sure I like the seasonal ones but not custom uploads, just no.

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

I am getting sick of all the armatars already there.

Then why don't you just wait till your next level.

And please, none of those animated armatars in 3.0...
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

keep the old ones and add new ones to each rank for more options, then let us also be able to upload our own too. cause i like the ones we have now

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

@Frank

You can submit your own O.O

I'm not joking. I never knew that.

Why is there no thread in AMW?

Wait or are you talking about seasonal armatars?

@Cormyn

I know, but why take them away. Just leave last seasons armatars on. It is better then having none.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, we won't do animated images.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

...there aren't even 1AP and 5AP armatars right now.
That's for seasonal contest armatars, which are only available for so long.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Possible (own idea) : Unlocked for beating the game or doing something.

best idea ever! thumbs up on that one
Showing 1-15 of 40