ForumsSupport ForumChanging your username

39 7150
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok well i like my username and all but i think that if you wanted to change it or add somthing to it then you could do that unless you are in trouble from the mods or somthing.

• 39 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well exactly what you just said! Spammers would change their names, and they won't be able to be caught easily.

Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

That would be an excellent idea. And to solve the spammer problem, I would suggest that one would first have to contact a mod or two, get permission from them, then one would be able to change their username.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I guess that could work. There would have to be some sort of lock, and then the mods would have to unlock it.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Im sure spammers would find a way to get around this anyway... It would add more of a workload for the admins too. If you *really* wish to change your username, you can always make a new account... and just decide which you want more, a new name or more points.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Well. Won't your buddies be confused by the change?

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Or you could just pick a username you like when you sign up, and then stick with that.

That's what I usually do.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Lol. That's what everyone should do. I don't know why you would want to change it anyway.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well sometimes you just regret the fact that you picked that name, so I agree with the whole being able to change your username. Well, it does cause more work for the Admins, but isn't that their jobs? It's to make this site better, and doing this would improve this site a bit. Also, it would confuse your friends, so I think if you're going to change your name make sure people know what you're changing into.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well if you were changing your username this might be complictaed because people might be wondering if you were in the top 10 and you changed your name then people might think that you dropped down so I don't like this idea too confusing!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I will admit that it would be kind of hard for your freinds to know that you switched your username but then people could just say what their gunna switch it to or a notice could come out to everyone on that persons freind liast.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure we should add anything that's going to cause the mods more work for so little benefit.

Also, I don't think anyone should change their name on a whim. It should be reserved for extreme cases, and I'm sure the mods would be willing to consider those cases now.

So, I would say that your username should stay permanent.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

well if they devised a way to not have to do much to be able to have ppl switch their name then it would hardly cause them any time or trouble.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think it would just be way to confuzing for everyone, i think that when you first create you account, just keep in mind that your name will be permanent unless you make another account

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ya that is true but i would just like to add alittle something to my name and so i just thouhgt id see if other people agreed with me.

JWE
JWE
112 posts
Nomad

Well exactly what you just said! Spammers would change their names, and they won't be able to be caught easily.

XCoheedX, if that's the case. Then just give everybody a user ID. So if a spammer changes there name, you will still know who it is on account of the ID.
Showing 1-15 of 39