ForumsThe TavernWhat do you do to enjoy life?

57 8532
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

How do you enjoy life? I'm just curious about what other people do. I don't just mean in a deep sense either; what little things keep you going? I personally love listening to music and reading.

• 57 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

SLEEEP in my comfy bed.

Makes me feel nice and fuzzy.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I read a lot, play billiards, practice martial arts, hike, fish, and hunt. I have a lot of other hobbies as well, most I only do sporadically so no sense listing them all here.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I read a lot, play billiards, practice martial arts, hike, fish, and hunt.

Which martial art? I personally just do MMA because its more a sport than anything else. Also, its insanely fun even when you get your ass beat.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Which martial art? I personally just do MMA because its more a sport than anything else. Also, its insanely fun even when you get your *** beat.

BJJ and Muay Thai. I used to compete, but I haven't had the time lately to keep in the gym long enough, or to commit to matches. I was teaching a few classes a week, but had to cut that out of my schedule as well unfortunately. I try to go as much as I can, but it seems like it's becoming less and less frequent lately.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I try to go as much as I can, but it seems like it's becoming less and less frequent lately.

Its a time consuming sport, because you have to do condtioning in addition to technique. I hope my schedule won't be too swamped for MMA; I looking to go into a medical career, which is also time consuming.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, it was even worse teaching, because my class was 1 1/2 hours 3 days a week, plus I had to do my personal workouts, and then take my BJJ and MT classes. I was in the gym like 20 hours a week or more, and with my wife's work schedule and the kids it was just too much.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

After R.E. on Sunday (after 9 pm), I drink Arizona and maybe eat some cookies while I watch Family Guy in my kitchen in peace and quiet (my mom goes upstairs and my dad works in his office). Normally there's alot of noise where I live, and I have school the next morning so it's nice to just "calm the nerves" watching tv.

foesho
foesho
40 posts
Nomad

Sports,read,play and collect MtG, talk with and hang with friends, and PLAY XBOX

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Chase after girls mindlessly, and hope one stays. (figuratively, of course)

Though that usually brings more pain than enjoyment. xD

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I read a few books, contemplate on things whilst silently gazing at the outside world, enjoy some good food, watch and listen to my favourite television programs, go out and play some sports, browse the internet, write, draw and indulge in video games.

Right. Sleeping comfortably is good too.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i act. as an actor.hoping to get lucky. playing with my dog, boxing, soccer, running,read a lot of books and nice people

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Read, doodle on paper, go onto the Internet and that's about it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I draw/doodle, play video games, take care of my birds, spend time with my GF, reading, just be imaginative.
I use to like getting out to the nature trails around where I live but they all have been pretty much ruined.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

but they all have been pretty much ruined.

tourist littering? 'cause that's happened a lot in my state.
BackFlip
BackFlip
138 posts
Nomad

i love life live it to the fullest you only live once

Showing 1-15 of 57