ForumsWEPR[ Necro] Psychopaths: Jailing someone before they strike

20 14524
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

There are some people who are incapable of having empathy or sympathy. They call these people psychopaths or sociopaths. They have no emotion or care in the world except themselves. Their brain has no capability of ever feeling any sort of empathy for other humans. While most psychopaths are really weird, there are some that can live and function normally in society. John Wayne Gacy is a perfect example. He was a businessman, a political activist, and a clown for children's parties. He also raped and murdered 30+ teenage boys. There is no known therapy or medication to treat psychopaths. They have no concept of consequences.

This brings up an interesting issue. Most psychologists agree that psychopathy is untreatable. Even when treatments are applied the vast majority of psychopaths will end up in jail for a violent crime.

So my question is this: Is it right to put a psychopath in a mental institute or jail before theyâve committed a crime? If thereâs almost no chance that a person will be a law abiding citizen, is it right to keep them out of society to protect the general public?

• 20 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

just put death penalty on anyone who kills another human simples not hard locking people up changes nothing killing them is right

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Word salad?

What in the world...?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

"Just put death penalty on anyone who kills another human. Simple; not hard locking people up--changes nothing; killing them is right."

There we go! Now we understand the word salad with the added condiments.

With this, anyone who is proven insane or psychopathic will not be given the death penalty, as they are suffering an "illness" or "disorder" or "state of mind". They will instead go to a mental institution with the correct type.

dindar
dindar
3 posts
Nomad

I am confused with my behavior and my actions. I do not have empathy and neither i am feeling sympathy for humans. When ever i read about psychopathy i feel angry and depressed so it means i am not psychopath or i want to get out from psychopath personality. When i took this quiz it suggested me to bring changes. If i am going to become a good person then it is not my fault so i may need rehabilitation.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I'm going to lock this because the last post was made nearly 4 years ago. If you'd like to start up a new conversation, feel free to make a new thread.

On a side note, if you genuinely feel like you may have psychopathic tendencies, it's best to seek professional help. That quiz you took is terribly done and totally unreliable.

Showing 16-20 of 20