ForumsNews and FeedbackAdding Friends

25 12716
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

i notised that when you add someone it doesnt go on both profiles like i wanted to add Player to my friend list and i added him/her but it wouldnt show on his/her profile just mine that way if someone added you and you didnt want them to you could know without having to go to there profile and look at their friends

• 25 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Right now, the only way to have friends show up on your profile is if you yourself add them. That means you have to friend X to show up on your profile, while X has to friend you for you to show up on X's. In AG3, the team is planning on making the friends list mutual, meaning that both have to add each other in order to become friends.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

meaning that both have to add each other in order to become friends.

much better idea. @OP: so someone that doesn't want to be friends with you has to be friends? bad idea.
assassinscreed76
assassinscreed76
1 posts
Nomad

its kinda complicated

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

If someone sends you a friend request, you can reject the friend request, at which point they'll be able to 'follow' you (see your high scores, etc, if you let them) but you won't have to see their activity.

We *may* pre-scan the database and set up friend relationships on your behalf if we see that users follow each other already on AG2. I'll mention it to Larry today.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, It's a little confusing now, but hopefully the updated version will fix that. (I'm pretty sure they said they were going to do that too, and I've suggested that for a while now)
So yes, I think that would be a good idea.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I see it becoming like kongregate again in this way. When you add someone it'll probably make you a fan of them until they add you.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

i agree Google567 but i think there should be the fan list

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

i agree Google567 but i think there should be the fan list

I thinks it's referred to as followers, but I really don't mind change. If it changes even a little bit, it's bound to be like something else, but if nothing happens...well I think we all get the idea. So I would have to say I'm open to changes.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I see it becoming like kongregate again in this way. When you add someone it'll probably make you a fan of them until they add you.

From what's going on, if you add someone and they don't add you back, nothing happens. It is until you click on the "follow XXXXXX" button that states you're going to follow him or her. Followers can't really do anything to you except be a follower. In fact, they are just there to follow your progress. It'd be kinda shweet actually to have a follower or 200.

And if there's the topic of followers' messages to your profile, you should be able to state whether or not they can actually message you through your control panel.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Freakenstein is actually right on the money with this topic! =D
This would be the best way to implement it!

Let's see what cormyn has to say after he discussed it with Larry, maybe Freak's idea is the best...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As I've said in other threads, we're not sure if we'll let "followers" post on your profile or not. But if we do, we'll also give you the ability to "ban" users from posting on your profile (you can't ban admins/mods though, of course)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

we're not sure if we'll let "followers" post on your profile or not

Maybe I'm a bit 'whiny' in saying this... but if I'm correct, the normal commenting system will still be effective on AG3, right? So followers can still comment (or post) on your profile then... :/
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

My reply is what you quoted in your reply. )

It's honestly up to Larry at this point, the whole commenting system is his current task, and the rules, etc., that go into who can post what, and where, and when etc.,

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

isnt that why theres a lock your messenger on your control panel

lilchad
lilchad
4 posts
Nomad

[b]i dont want to know about the versions i want to know how to add friends on armor games

Showing 1-15 of 25