ForumsNews and FeedbackProfile Mini apps/ calendar

13 4186
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

1.Maybe if there is some money system on AG3, there could be mini apps you could add to your profile.
----------------------------------------------------------
2.On AG3, maybe there could be a calendar of holidays, and you could check which holidays you wanted to appear on your profile when they occured. On the menu, there could be little subsections like religious, seasonal, birthday, etc.

• 13 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed a currency system, and that we're not likely to introduce one.

The calendar idea is interesting, I'll talk to Larry about it.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ahh don't like the currency idea at all! but a caleder i dea would make the site more homey, and just plann cool to be on!!!!!!! hope ya guys can figure some thing out!!!

colonyguy
colonyguy
18 posts
Nomad

maybe they could be free apps. I like the calender idea too

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I like the calendar idea, but I feel it would be awesome if it could also be more site related. The calendar could be updated with upcoming site events as well as tell us what days a new game may have come out or when the AG blog has been updated with appropriate links.

I also like the idea of being able to see members join dates/birthdays, holidays, and so on; but without the calendar also giving us information on site updates, blog updates, or game updates, it would feel too much like a forced accessory.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I like the calendar idea but to integrate it more would it be possible to add events into the news feed so that they would stay on top? Basically a permanent event bar on the news feed.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

There could be AG competitions so you could win AP or something like that in the calender

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Calendar eh? I like the thought of it being totally manipulative, but have important AG3 news, updates, game news, and blogs automatically added to the dates. It's iffy though. Can users configure what sorts of automatic dates to be added through the control panel?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

If users choose to, we could allow their birthdays to show up on friends' calendars. We're not going to let people add custom dates to the calendar.

We might, for example, post days when the AG staff are out of the office (holidays, etc), upcoming events like NoNameC68 has said, contest start/end dates, things of that.

colonyguy
colonyguy
18 posts
Nomad

Sounds good so far. I like the AG upcoming events so i can see whats going on.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

When I said dates, what I had in mind is preset dates that users could just click off a little checklist for when they want to see it appear on their profile. An example:
I click Christmas, my birthday, Halloween, etc. and then on Christmas there is say a Christmas icon on my profile or on Halloween a Jack-o-lantern.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that sounds like a neat idea, but something we'd do post-launch. We'd have to be a bit careful about the days we pick so as to not offend anyone by including/excluding dates, especially pertaining to religious holidays.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

This all sounds good. very good. lets hope you guys make it

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

a calendar with site related events AND events you add yourself would be a great idea. I HATE THE CURRENCY IDEA!!!!! (sorry for the rage)

Showing 1-13 of 13