ForumsThe TavernYour Favorite Dinosaur

164 32070
GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

OK.This is basically about whats your favorite dinosaur(s)and why you like them.For me I am fond of the Velociraptor.I like how its small but ferocious.

• 164 Replies
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

This is an easy choice. My favorite dinosaur is an Tyrannosaurus Rex, or T-Rex for short.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I would have to choose Velociraptor, Its so freakin tight! Its like fast and cool and everything, I just wouldnt want to meet one!

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Carcharodontosaurus, a long name for a predator but cool
though my fave has been T-Rex since I was 5 years old

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

T-Rex was a scavenger now Doyouthinkhesarous is a great dinosaur

Possum9
Possum9
70 posts
Nomad

I have to go with the diplodocous. (I can't spell i think...) Why??? Well ever since ASDF movie 4

Man: It worked my time machine w-
Get's stomped on by diplodocous
Diplodocous: I AM A STEGOSAUROUS!!!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Velociraptors on jurrasic park are alot smaller then they are shown.

That's because the Velociraptors were actually based on Deinonychus which was at the time believed to be a Velociraptor but was soon after found to be it's own species.

T-Rex was a scavenger now Doyouthinkhesarous is a great dinosaur

There is some debate on this still. The older T-rex does appear to be more scavenger like and there would have been enough food in the area to allow this. Though the younger t-rex appears to clearly be an active hunter. Further more the brain cavity of T-rex indicates it was an ambush predator like a gator or croc. One possibility put forth was that the younger rexs would herd an animal towards the adult waiting to ambush it.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

my favorite dinosaur is the pterodactyl! it can fly, what else is better?

Pterodactyls and other pterosaurs were not dinosaurs. If you want 'flying' dinosaurs, you could go for microraptor, a skilled glider with feathers on arms and legs. Or Sinornithosaurus, probably couldn't glide as well as microraptor but there are clues that it could have had venom glands similar to snakes; imagine, a gliding poisonous dinosaur^^

Or you could go with birds. Nice little flying dinosaurs.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Edmontonia.

If I shall rate it: [X/10]

Attack: 6.
Defense: 9.
Speed: 4.
Coolness: 7.
Cooperation: 4.
Size: 6.

I like defensive tactics.

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

Ankylosaurus is my fav. I always love them 'cause of their tail x)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Or you could go with birds. Nice little flying dinosaurs.

I got my favorite flying dinosaurs right here.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/pets/S5000185.jpg
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

That's because the Velociraptors were actually based on Deinonychus which was at the time believed to be a Velociraptor but was soon after found to be it's own species.

I know I pointed out that they aren't as big as shown whether or not they are based off deinonychus doesn't matter.

and on a side note deinychus isn't that big either and the reason number 1 dinosaurs are now thought of to look different in certain ways is because of the sheer amount of new fossils and research we now have that they didn't when making it.

From looking at more raptors there is one that is less now but is actually much more deadlier then velociraptor and deinonychus the utahraptor it has all the characteristics as a velociraptor but is as big if not slightly bigger then the average person.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i like the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosaurus], he has a tail club and an armour to protect himself.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I agree with xAyjAy. The Ankylosaurus has been my favorite dinosaur since I was 7 years old.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Velociraptor was originally my favourite.

Then I watched 'Planet Dinosaur', and the Microraptor became my favourite.

Then, a week or two later in the next episode, it became Predator X

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I love small dinosaurs who don't live and groups and it would be nice if they have no teeth so if I find one I can hold it as a pet as long as my dog doesn't eat it.

But can anyone search a human like dinosaur, I got a trump decks cards deck with dinosaur and there was a human like.

Showing 136-150 of 164