ForumsThe TavernI Need Your Cat Names

39 7508
John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Howdy,

I'm working on Corporation Inc at the moment, a larger business-y game. Disregard the business-y nature for a moment though... I need the names of your cats! I need to build an array of cat names so that future games can benefit from having a good selection of proper cat names. Good ones will be put into the game.

Please only list if you have a cat or know a cat. Bonus points if you also list your cat's favourite thing to do. Thanks!

-John

• 39 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

OOOH! Sounds fun.

--Tabbatha (tabby cat. Pun.) She's in retirement, so she loves soft furniture and bellies.

--Sylvia; She likes to chase Tabbatha until she gets swatted and poke around in places where people are at. Her tail twitches excessively when there are a lot of people or when she's especially happy to see someone.

--Mittens

--Spot

--Tiger

--Taft

Those four are kittens. Not sure what they do yet. Taft is the big one out of the litter. Hardy har har.

--Loca (Spanish for crazy woman) I picked this name out when she was a kitten; she does some sort of whirlwind swipe attack when she doesn't want picked up anymore. She also jumps high in the air when she's scared.

--Garfield (come on! You need a Garfield in there!) He's even got the orange-ish fur and lazy personality!

And those are all the cats I have in my house! Enjoy

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Alright, here goes. I'll name all of the cats I've had.

Spaz, Mario, Galileo, Migata, Murphy, Cleuseau, Ditto, and Zeus.

42 posts
Nomad

My cat's names are Patches, Adair, and Oreo. Cat's are lame, though. :P

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I usually just call my cats "cat", nonetheless the cat I have now is named Manda.
She like biting me.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for DP, forgot this part:

Bonus points if you also list your cat's favourite thing to do. Thanks!

Spaz - Attacks my dog, tries to eat his tail, and has a fascination with trying to get to the cereal on top of the refrigerator.

Mario - Habitually did laps around the house for entertainment purposes (it seemed). Named after Mario Andretti for just this reason.

Galileo - Perched on the bannister and stared out our sky light for hours on end. Also liked to sit in the big bay windows at night.

Migata - The 'queen' of all the cats we've had. She was just prissy. Very temperamental. Some days she couldn't get enough attention, others she would smack anyone who came near her.

Murphy - Our only outdoor cat. He had a bad habit of catching snakes and birds and leaving them on the porch as an offering for my mother.

Cleuseau - Named after Inspector Cleuseau from Pink Panther. Was given an overdose of worm medicine as a kitten and suffered brain damage as a result. He didn't wash himself properly. He would lick one paw, then 'clean' himself with the dry one. Also was a very big snuggler and would constantly try to sleep on your head at night.

Ditto - A kitten we had that looked like Murphy, but behaved more like Garfield from the cartoon. Fat, lazy, cuddly, and would eat anything.

Zeus - His favorite past time was torturing my mother-in-law's teacup poodle, as he was nearly twice her size.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Dog - My cat that fetches things for me
Grace - lazy cat
Mr Puddingshins - My brother named that one. I think he got it off Dragonfable 0.0

Isn't your cat named Muffin, John?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Alright, here we go:

- Dora (short for Andora) she is a Calico and talks a lot and really enjoys swimming.

- Miz Kitty - Miz Kitty is on Kitty 2.0. First, she had a bad reaction to allergy medication. She was a hateful cat at that time. Then she had a second bad reaction to flea medication and it gave her a grand mal seizure. Now Miz Kitty is super sweet! Different cat. Must've reset her brain.

- Round Eyes - stuck her squaty face in the window and all I saw was round eyes.

- Gus, Gussy, Stinky Head, Binky (It's my runt of a cat. He is a small orange tabby) - Sara hates him and I love him. He likes to act scared of things when he isn't getting enough attention.

- Murphey - Everything spooked this cat

- Zeke (An Asian leopard I had for a while. Zeke is the name of the man that played the Cowardly Lion in Wizard of Oz) He would jump on my shoulder to greet someone at the door.

- Fred - typical garfield-like cat

- Ninja - stalked me in the dark

- Go'on Cat

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Sadly the only two cats I ever had are now dead. Their names were opossum and ***** (Pusy with 2 S's if that was censored)

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Good cat names so far. The list I'm constructing will also be used in future games, cat names seem to be a good thing to have this day and age.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Whiskers (creative i know) - 17yrs old, loves to meow when you look at him, spends hours in front of the window staring out.

Rico (from Puerto Rico) - 2yrs old, a quiet cat yet rambunctious girl from Puerto Rico (explains her wild behavior), who constantly chases insects flying around in the grass.

Misty - 5yrs old, a violent cat this one is, all she does is attack poor whiskers and my dog(as well as everything else), quite stupid for a cat...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

List of cats I have had or knew.

Kie Kie
Favorate things to do: Snuggle (until your shirt is soaked), hunt mice outside.

Josh
Favorite things: play attack feet, chase bugs, bite butts

Dee Dee
Favorite things: eating, getting into trouble

Tarra
Favorite things: cuddling, playing with catnip mouse toy

Fred a.k.a Freddy Boy a.k.a $%^&head
Favorite things: going outside, eating

Tao Tie Teddy (Teddy for short) a.k.a The Pud
Favorite things: lounging around (pudding around), licking people

Misty
Favorite things: hunting, being fed fish guts

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Mr. Wiggles - spotted white cat, was a long time ago so I don't remember much of him.

Pudge - Gray Kitten that pooped everywhere and liked to bite toes, ran away ina storm

Kit Kat - predecessor to Lucky, muscular (if cats can be), became blind in one eye. Likes to hunt.

Lucky - Current orange skinny cat that hunts and has a seemingly short memory, friendly to all

Gizmo - Current white extremely fat cat that has learning opposed to instinctual Lucky, scared of everything. Likes to Lay.

If Lucky and Gizmo fight then Gizmo usually body-slams Lucky as a finisher.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

ok so
Puff-large black maine coon he enjoys playing with toy mice
Isobel-small gray and white she enjoys fighting (playfully) w/ Puff

ok so picture time

Puffhttp://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc371/omoe8/newestpictures9-20-10030.jpg

sorry about the dirrection

Isobel

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc371/omoe8/newestpictures9-20-10027.jpg

my cats, you love them or you hate them

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,079 posts
Nomad

Used to have two cats... they died though. We named them Nefeteria (or however its spelled, its that Epyptian lady) and Banshee.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

I don't have any cats now, but while growing up we had in total three cats, but no more than two at the same time. Either way, here are their names.

Lars (yeah, don't let a little kid decide your cat's name). Male. Extremely social, very friendly, drooled when you scratched him.

Müsli. Female. Pretty unsocial. The only person she likes was my sister. The cat doesn't get along with other cats or dogs either. Looks like Isobel from Peter20's post, but with less white, and smaller.

Moses. Male. Very social (like, too social. If you pet him, he'll never leave you alone), likes everyone, best friends with the dog, and though he doesn't seem to be all that clever, he figured out how to open doors in no time. Looks a lot like Puff from Peter20's post.

Showing 1-15 of 39