ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3747682
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Well I'm trying to think, I want to know how they are positioned and how far away they are.
Name: Crona.
Player: DBLACKSTAR
Description: He/She has an androgynous appearance, with a thin body, monotone expression, pink hair, and tall stature. His/her hair is quite short, with several long, large clumps sticking out in several places. The bangs are straight-cut and end above the eyebrows, but do not stay very uniform. Two long pieces of hair extend from the bangs and hang low over His/Her face.
Race: Human
Class: Dread Necromancer
Level: 12
Level Equivalency:12
Alignment: CN
Deity: None.
Languages: Common Aquan Elven
------Attributes----------
Str: 13
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha:20
Fort Save:4
Ref Save: 4
Will Save: 8
Hit Points: 93
Attack Bonus:7/2
Damage Bonus:1
Base Attack Bonus:6/1

AC: 18
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Clothing: He wears a long black old-style robe that is tight-fitting and ends at the mid-calf level on his/her legs. The robe is completed with large white cuff-links at the ends of each sleeve and a tall white button-up collar at the neck. Black slipper-like shoes with a tall white cuff protruding out of the top are also worn.
Off Hand:
Primary Hand: Great sword(Sonic)
Miscellaneous: Necklace of Fireball VII, Rod of undead mastery.
GP: 3,350
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Improved unarmed strike, Mother Cyst, corpse crafter, Bolster Resistance, Deadly Chill, Destruction retribution, Hardened flesh, Nimble bones, Fell Animate.
Flaws: Anti Social (necroamor), Nigh terrors.
Class Feats: Charnel touch, Rebuke undead, Lich Body Damage reduction 6, Negative energy burst 2/day, Advanced learning, Mental bastion +2, Fear Aura, Scabrous touch 2/Day, Summon familiar, Advanced learning, Undead mastery, Negative energy resistance, Lich Fortification 25%, Advanced learning, Enervating touch.
Familiar: vargouille
Skills: Decipher Script, Disguise, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Obscure.
Spells:1st Level: Bane, bestow wound*, cause fear, chill touch, detect
magic, detect undead, doom, hide from undead, inflict light wounds,
ray of enfeeblement, summon undead I*, undetectable alignment
2nd Level: Blindness/deafness, command undead, darkness, Blood Harvest,
death knell, false life, gentle repose, ghoul touch, inflict
moderate wounds, scare, spectral hand, summon swarm, summon
undead II*
3rd Level: Crushing despair, death ward, halt undead, inflict
serious wounds, ray of exhaustion, speak with dead, summon
undead III*, vampiric touch
4th Level: Animate dead, bestow curse, contagion, death
ward, dispel magic, enervation, Evards black tentacles, fear, giant
vermin, inflict critical wounds, phantasmal killer, poison, summon
undead IV*
5th Level: Blight, cloudkill, fire in the blood*, greater dispel
magic, insect plague, lesser planar binding, magic jar, mass inflict
light wounds, nightmare, oath of blood*, slay living, summon undead
V*, undeath to death, unhallow, waves of fatigue, Soul Lance
6th Level: Acid fog, circle of death, create undead, eyebite,
geas/quest, harm, mass inflict moderate wounds, planar binding,
waves of exhaustion, (need a spell to fill this spot)
Took down a feraligator with a fire type.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

All right, thank you.

Well I'm trying to think,

Little bit late for that...

I want to know how they are positioned

They are positioned in a circle around you.

and how far away they are.

15 feet away and shrinking.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Little bit late for that...
I wasn't aware how far they were so I wasn't sure of my action.
They are positioned in a circle around you. 15 feet away and shrinking.
This is gonna be a tough one.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

This is gonna be a tough one.

No, it won't. You're going to get killed, and it won't be a tough fight at all.
I asked you 4 times if you were POSITIVE this is what you wanted to do, and I tried to paint it in as bad a light as I could...

You have 1 more action until they are close enough to attack you. What will you do?
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

No, it won't. You're going to get killed, and it won't be a tough fight at all.
I asked you 4 times if you were POSITIVE this is what you wanted to do, and I tried to paint it in as bad a light as I could...

You have 1 more action until they are close enough to attack you. What will you do?
I'm trying to think. I've been in tighter situations before,but that first move really ****ed me over, I should have gone for spectral hands then necrotic cyst.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Dibs....... you just had to get Crona killed as soon as Drake left the party and we came across a slaughtered village.......???
Angel won't be happy.....

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Dibs....... you just had to get Crona killed as soon as Drake left the party and we came across a slaughtered village.......???
I've made it out of worse situations before. Me and Thor once survived TWO young adult red dragons. And we were only level nine.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

So what are you going to do, Dibs?

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

So what are you going to do, Dibs?
Like I told you I'm thinking, I really should not have let them encircle me. What doe sthe surrounding area look like. How far apart are the trees how thick are they.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Like I told you I'm thinking, I really should not have let them encircle me. What doe sthe surrounding area look like. How far apart are the trees how thick are they.

Well, the giants have cleared out a large area(about 100x100 ft) where the trees once were. Now, that clearing is lined with the trunks of trees they tore out and tossed. Outside of the clearing, the trees are mostly pines. The space between them varies from 1 inch to 1 foot.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking circle of death.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking circle of death.

That won't do ****. They have 14 hit dice each, Circle of Death kills 1d4 hit dice of creatures.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Or maybe I should lob a few of my firball orbs.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Or maybe I should lob a few of my firball orbs.

If that's what you want to do. Just pick something already.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

That won't do ****. They have 14 hit dice each, Circle of Death kills 1d4 hit dice of creatures.
1d4 per caster level.
Showing 44176-44190 of 46375