ForumsGames[vs] Favourite GAME/CONSOLE of all time

839 359071
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Use this thread to express your opinions on different games.
You can list games any way you want, adding factors like console, series or genre to your post.
However, please be sure to add a reason for your choices instead of just spamming up names.

Ex:

Legend of Zelda: I like -game- best, because it is...
CoD: I really enjoy -game-, as...
Xbox: I think the best game for this is -

and so on.
  • 839 Replies
gavinx13
gavinx13
2 posts
Nomad

Gta5
PS4 pro

UltimateSpyderJ
UltimateSpyderJ
1 posts
Shepherd

I know that this was posted about 7 years ago, but I still want to put this out there.

I haven't played many games on console(mainly because I don't have much money), but the best game I've ever played is "Split/Second" by Black Rock Studios (released as "Split/Second: Velocity" in the UK).

It's availible on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, iOS(not sure if it's still available on there), PSP, and Windows.

Split/Second was a racing game, with an explosive twist. It wasn't very well known, but it was amazing. It was set on a TV show of the game's name, in which either 8 drivers or just one at a time would compete in each 6 different types of races to either win first, survive the longest, or go the farthest.

However, there were these destructive powers placed into the hands of each racer, called "Power Play"s. This would allow the racer to completely demolish the tracks (blowing up gas trucks, derailing trains, leveling buildings, crashing airplanes, and more) in order to crush their opponents(literally.)

It's an awesomely action-packed and fast-paced thrill ride of a racing game, which I think raised the bar for racing games back in 2011. It had tons of potential, and I could see it becoming one of the top racing games with a few sequels. In fact, a sequel was planned, but it was cancelled after Disney(they published the game) made went through lay-offs in Black Rock's workforce and changed their business model. It was an amazing game that died way too early due to new management.

Here's a Split/Second Trailer.

Showing 826-827 of 839