ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2839 777897
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,839 Replies
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

My opinion is twofold: If the stages are just ported over with no differences, then I'd personally say no old stages at all.The way they are designed, they leave just too much potential to be exploited by the new double jump (Descending and Slip and Slide are good examples of this).

But if the ported stages are slightly altered (in such a way you don't skip half the level by double jumping ;P), then my vote goes to: Marathon, Slip and Slide, and Descending (and maaaaaybe Unfriendly Teleporters).

� Corner double jumping, now with boost so that users who time it perfectly will get both a jump and a boost. This is in addition to the double jump, so if you execute it perfectly you will not only get the corner double jump but the additional double jump, raising your jump count to a possible 3 hops.

But wouldn't this essentially cause the exact same problem? A person that is completely new and starts up Multiplayer right away will have no idea this exists (ultimately calling other people hackers), unless you somehow make it clear to all people plaing the game.

Besides, just the Diving alone opens up so many possibilities.
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

The physics and controls are slightly different in EP2. Even if ported perfectly they will play differently.

TronMozart
TronMozart
35 posts
Nomad

that sort of reminds me of unreal tournament's face level.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

All Exit Path stages:
1.Marathon.
2.Slip and Slide.
3.Maze.
4.Lunge.
5.Secret Staircase.
6.Tubes.
7.Jumper.
8.Cubicles.
9.Crossroads.
10.Front Door.
11.Over and Under.
12.Cubey.
13.Death Wall.
14.Funk.
15.Zipper.
16.Unfriendly Teleporters.
17.Wombat.
18.Fuzzballs.
19.Treadmillvania.
20.Descending.

My favorites:
Marathon, Maze, Front Door, Over and Under, Slip and Slide, Death Wall, and Cubicles.

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

The fact i played 20% (+/-) of the time Marathon in Ep1 makes me reticent to the idea of porting it to Ep2, but would be nice an evil Marathon port XD (no big wall, lasers and extra stuff)

Another levels i like to be ported: Slip and Slide & Front Door. Because they are long enough and have a good amount of traps without using tunnels (kinda boring sorry) but with an extra Ep2 touch and more stuff would be nice too.

Somebody can explain mewhat is diving? Thanks

That means if you hit a edge then Flow Double Jump you get an extra Jump after that and keep the boost?

Can you keep the Flow if you shake (tapping the run button) or moonwalk?

And hitting something (wall or ground) with flow allows you to get inercy afterwards?

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

A downwards double jump. It really is that simple. It's seperate from your normal ones though, so you'll be able to do your double jumps and then do a dive right after.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I like Marathon the most. I just do probably because I win 85% of the time? *cough*thedoublejumppartthepeopledon'tuse*cough* It's nice that EP2 is coming out because the maps now are getting pretty old.

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

Conversation about tricks again, okay. Or whining, I'm not sure at this point.

my 2 cents @you john:
It is generally high level of whining of the powerusers :P. But but but, there has been 2 different things that have been whined about. When it was the "removed-dj"-whine [me included back then sorry )= ] it was mostly the racers feeling betrayed about their I-do-X-well-cross-fingers and be sure to come out ahead.
But when ppl whined about "no Tricks" lately it was stuff like that:
http://4.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9VGhBLXFDY3FFWU0%3D&f=norefer
Difficult spots to get to and/or getting stuck.

As one of the powerusers, in my opinion going to the all time available double jump is the right way, and a good move. Some other Addicts share this opinion. Those who say it makes Exit path 2 too easy forget something. Those just blindly copied these wall jumps. The actual good thing about it was how it affected your routes on the level and made the rest so much faster and smoother. Didn't get to play the alpha, but hearing about double jumps and they way it can be staggered impressed me and really makes me look forward it.

About the additional wall jump:
I don't really think its necessary to be honest. I mean hitting a wall doesn't nullify your jumps available in EP2 or does it? So imagine you run towards a wall, start flowing, jump and still hold flow, and you jump again right before the wall or when you hit it whatever. Then you (hit) jump basically the wall and keep your pace. So for what reason implement something that can already be done this way. Doing it the way I explained and as a timing jump like you mentioned would be hard to distinguish. When u miss the timing you still do your accessable standard jump. So the only difference would be the height. One is 2 jumps the other 3 jumps high. Is there something you should reach?
So yeah imo think about leaving it by the regular 2 jumps, and spend time on refining other things. You already introduced some great new mechanics from what I imagine in their use.

Ported levels: (selected from what cannot be skipped in 4 jumps easily :P)

Marathon, Over and under, Front-door with additional saws, Fuzzballs, Crossroads, Wombat, Cubicles with adds maybe.
peace out
ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

@TroppO

Well, Kenty got that one :P Just a downwards jump.

That means if you hit a edge then Flow Double Jump you get an extra Jump after that and keep the boost?

I think it means that he is re-introducing the corner dj. Like... well, if you clip a corner in EP1, you get an extra jump. Maybe this means that we can have essentially three jumps: on jump clipping a corner, then dj in the air from clipping the corner, then standard EP2 dj in the air. And... omfg this is going to be awesome ^^

Didn't try it in the alpha... I was too excited about playing to really put it through its paces. If I get a beta invite, that will definitely be something I work on: testing the limits/peculiarities of flow.

And hitting something (wall or ground) with flow allows you to get inercy afterwards?

Not sure what you mean by inercy... if you mean inertia, like the flow-tapping with jumps in EP1, then yes, this does work. But your jumps need to be longer because of the flow timeout. However, longer jumps are possible because of the in-built dj ;P Pretty frikkin' cool, if you ask me.
-Est
Snowrut
Snowrut
68 posts
Nomad

Hey John, my favorite levels are Over and Under, Slip and Slide, and Descending. I would like to see them in EP2 if you can add them.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Just a downwards jump.

Just a downwards

Just

D:

I think it means that he is re-introducing the corner dj.

What he means is reintroducing the original Double Jump with a twist. Instead of "just" gaining an extra jump, you'll also get an additional speedboost for getting the timing down.

Yes and no. From the best of fooling around I did on that Alpha test, it works but completely differently.

What I mean is that you won't go back to no flow at all when you slow down, but instead it slightly drains. And no, delaying it like in the original no longer worked from what I could tell. ;P

On the flipside, it's now possible to slow down, turn around, and still have enough flow for a short speed boost.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

um john just so u know i think all levels will be named by every1 to be in ep2 so yea..i dont think u would want to put in all the ep1 levels :P

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Evil versions of old levels would be awesome. I might just do that.

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Evil versions of old levels would be awesome. I might just do that.

OMG PLEASE DO!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Evil versions? Hmm, that sounds interesting. How are you going about making them "evil"? More death traps?

Showing 2086-2100 of 2839