ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2839 778609
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,839 Replies
rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

@epicness, i know how, if u ap down right be4 for u hit a corner u cn stuck under it, i have a pic just like that one in ep pics

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

@rawr123that is not actually how i did it :P and im going to use the technique i used to get me to many new places

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

@John, I have a really HUGE question... Since there aren't many trick capabilities in EP2, as far as I could tell from my (limited) playing experience, will you ever update EP1 with new maps? Maybe bring the EP2 maps back to EP1, as well? Tricks were really my favorite part of the game, so I'm very interested to see what kind of options we will have in that arena.
-Est

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

i agree est if there are no trick capabilities inep2 im going to be fairly depressed tricks were the BEST part of the game xD

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

will you ever update EP1 with new maps

I would like to have more maps in ep1. In my opinion exit path is better than Verson2. I prefer to play ep1. John, please do that it would be awesome.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Very unlikely. Especially when you consider that all the new stages we've seen so far use new game mechanics, which makes porting them over needlessly complicated.

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Not like that Exit Path 2 maps will be. Just like the old ones were, only with some new maps.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Seems like an awful waste of time which could be spent for making maps for the sequel, or making a different game altogether. Even moreso since the original game doesn't allow for nearly as much variety in level design.

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Seems like an awful waste of time

Sleeping is an waste of time, too, if you see that as wasting of time..

It would be nice to see that ep1 would be upgrade with some new maps.
And since we just care about ep, we don't care about other games. (well i do not care)
So if he wants to, or if he has "the time" he could/should trying to upgrade ep1 with some new maps. P:
ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Even moreso since the original game doesn't allow for nearly as much variety in level design.

@Kenty, I'm OK with the maps being "dumbed down" design-wise for EP1, I'm just worried that EP2 will be strictly racing. I rather enjoy tricks, and the fact that there is no sticking, no skillful dj's, and other things means... well... really no tricks in EP2. I do agree that EP2 will be better for a racing game, but I still want to see EP1 upgraded with new maps, so we can continue the quest for tricks. I was just thinking, since map design was already completed for these new generation maps, maybe they could be (as you said) &quotorted" back.
-Est
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Conversation about tricks again, okay. Or whining, I'm not sure at this point.

I know you guys love your tricks. It gives you an edge and it's not entirely easy to execute. The fact of the matter is that now that some of these tricks are exposed and easier to execute (double-jumps are flat-out given to you now) it's a beef for you guys... it's no longer a way for advanced users to feel expert.

My big problem with some of the tricks is that users are saying you're cheating. I get emails all the time. What I am trying to do is help players RECOGNIZE that the things you do is part of the game, but at that comes the sacrifice of expert things feeling accessible to beginners. No one wins, either you guys have your fun asnd others get mad at me and you or I make tricks more accessible, in which case you power users get mad at me.

So I'm hearing you out. So far I have:

⢠Flow Tapping replaced with Flow cooldown (but flow fills much faster and has a faster overFLOW stage)

⢠Corner Double Jumping replaced with anywhere Double Jumping + cliff extra jump + diving.

What I want to reintroduce:

⢠Corner double jumping, now with boost so that users who time it perfectly will get both a jump and a boost. This is in addition to the double jump, so if you execute it perfectly you will not only get the corner double jump but the additional double jump, raising your jump count to a possible 3 hops.

⢠Whatever other tricks you guys want back. I honestly don't know all of them, any requests?

Also as CDE found earlier, I've already introduced other things like FLOW + Poles that will be discoverable at later times, just like you guys found in EP1.

The Flow tapping will not be reintroduced, I'm just putting that out now. The way flow works in v2 requires so much more skill to execute I couldn't possibly go back to button mashing. That's not saying I won't alter flow before launch, nothing is set in stone.

Exit Path 1 will not be getting new levels. I want to support Exit Path 2 as much as I can and legacy support for the older version will be difficult. Exit Path 2 uses my new TileEngine v3 which does not cater to cross-platform happiness. TileEngine v2 games (Exit Path 1) port nicely towards v3, but not the other way.

HOWEVER I do want to reintroduce some EP1 levels as legacy levels in EP2. Anyone want to list their favourites and I'll move them over.

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

Descending and Tubes are pretty awesome levels and thanks John for the thing bout tricks

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

HOWEVER I do want to reintroduce some EP1 levels as legacy levels in EP2. Anyone want to list their favourites and I'll move them over.

Are they going to be slightly altered to fit with EP2 atleast? Because I feel double jumping any time would break pretty much all of the old levels.

For instance, if you ported over Marathon, I'd suggest blocking off jumping over the big wall.
ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Conversation about tricks again, okay. Or whining, I'm not sure at this point.

A little of both ^^

it's a beef for you guys... it's no longer a way for advanced users to feel expert.

Nawwwwwâ¦. I like being âskilledâ or âadvancedâ but your new system makes it much more accessible to new players, which is always a good thing.

No one wins, either you guys have your fun asnd others get mad at me and you or I make tricks more accessible, in which case you power users get mad at me.

And⦠Iâm. Not. MAD. â"RAEG-

Over-FLOW: Love the idea. Really. Flow tapping was essentially âbutton-mashingâ and not very elegant. This is quite nice. And I do love the diving thing, too.

I do appreciate the attempt to reintroduce corner jumping, too This is one of my biggest requests because it leaves so much room open for new tricks and shortcuts.

Whatever other tricks you guys want back. I honestly don't know all of them, any requests?

I would personally LOVE to see sticking in blocks back, but I understand that diving (and the new tile engine?) preclude(s) this possibility =/

The next thing is⦠I just want cool places to hide out xP When I refer to âtricksâ I mean sticking in places that are hard to access, or standing on blocks that are difficult to get to. I donât expect you to build them in, per se, but having the tools that are necessary to do this available would be great!

Also as CDE found earlier, I've already introduced other things like FLOW + Poles that will be discoverable at later times, just like you guys found in EP1.

(cool)

The Flow tapping will not be reintroduced, I'm just putting that out now.

Thatâs fine. Over-FLOW pwns anyway. And tapping is not gone, just refined.

Legacy Maps I want to see:

Marathon, Crossroads, Tubes, Slip and Slide (OMFG), Secret Staircase.

And thanks, John, for listening to our concerns ^^

-Est
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

Marathon is a must! It was the level that sparked the beginning of tricks in EP!

Showing 2071-2085 of 2839