The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803871
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

how fast do you get on Single Player
I suggest watching a youtube video speedrun on uniplayer, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2P9q98Fmt4&feature=related, it should help you a lot. You should also read GhostOfMatrix's guide on Exit Path, it has uniplayer tips on it and is located in Game Walkthroughs in the thread.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

how fast do you get on Single Player?

Fastest time is 2.46, or some where around there. I think I'm still in the top ten. Faithpath has the fastest time with 2.31, or something.
But still, getting rid of random spamming would already help a lot.

It would, there are people that go around spamming a lot. Earlier today I was in a room with someone repeatedly typing 'hi'.
Or simply have the option of password protected rooms?

That'd be wonderful. I've always wanted to be able to race privately with other players I know instead of room hopping.
Which brings me to the private rooms idea that was proposed in the thread on Getsatiscation and several threads on here. Did John say yes or no to the idea of private rooms yet? If you enter a private room, then shouldn't you have to put in a password to enter, or how would you get in?
Because again, giving the power of kicking to just *anyone* will just lead to more trouble than it's worth.

I know, I was actually going to post about it in the post on the other page, but I wanted to see if anyone would talk about it first.
I realize that giving the power to kick anyone in the room would lead to a lot of trouble. Because take a place like xat, or ArmorGames, you can't just give those powers to anyone because there are power-trippers out there.
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Fastest time is 2.46, or some where around there. I think I'm still in the top ten. Faithpath has the fastest time with 2.31, or something.
Wait, so you're saying that the fastest time is 2:46 but Faithpath has the fastest time of 2:31? I don't get it.
giving the power of kicking to just *anyone* will just lead to more trouble than it's worth.
I agree also with this because someone could say that guy is too good, kick him!
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Did John say yes or no to the idea of private rooms yet? If you enter a private room, then shouldn't you have to put in a password to enter, or how would you get in?

I don't really follow much news apart from John's website so I don't know.

If it works anything like Achievement Unlocked 2, then instead of having a password, you'll get a unique link to share every time a room is made. If you only share it with people you invite, then it should be pretty much impossible to highjack the room.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wait, so you're saying that the fastest time is 2:46 but Faithpath has the fastest time of 2:31? I don't get it.

The first time was meant to refer to me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I guess I've been up too long, I tend to make a lot of errors when I've been awake for long.

If it works anything like Achievement Unlocked 2, then instead of having a password, you'll get a unique link to share every time a room is made. If you only share it with people you invite, then it should be pretty much impossible to highjack the room.

I thought that on the game you had to type in the room code.
Well, if it worked anything like that, then I'd definitely like it.
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

The first time was meant to refer to me.
Ohh, ok, I thought that you were saying 2:46 was the fastest time lol.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I thought that on the game you had to type in the room code.
Well, if it worked anything like that, then I'd definitely like it.

I think it was both actually. Upside to those rooms was, that they could also be used as a make-shift chat because of "Ready" buttons.
Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

About Marathon:
The shortest time I ever got there was a 11:47. Its basically the optimum of the current route, that you can see whether on my photobucket page or on "Thegopain" on youtube. With those techniques its not possible to go under it, unless the timer is glitched.
I wish people were more suspect with timers. They can glitch ten seconds, but also just half a second. As soon a timer jumps a little back its not reliable anymore. I got the time above a douzen times, without jumpy timers, so I tend to think it might be a true time.
Some month back I thought its not possible to beat 12 seconds, and was just plainly wrong. So lets see what further developements shows

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

i didn't read it

http://www.facepunch.com/fp/emoot/byodood.gif
Flair. Any thoughts? Hand flairs that you want to see in EP2? More interesting headgear?

Several flair ideas have been posted here.
I don't have much to add to it since I don't necessarily care for flairs.
GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

I don't think it'd be possible to get nine seconds.

Nine seconds at slip and slide is possible. I already showed it to music (MusicMan102). You know the part, where i stop to gain flow. Jumpingwith with short flow tap over those axes and do the 2nd shortcut makes it possible.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nine seconds at slip and slide is possible.

If you read the post about it, that was referring to marathon.

About flairs, I'd probably use angel wing flairs if there were any there. And maybe even a superman cape flair.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Here's an idea: Maybe have people draw up their own flairs(using a very basic paint-esque interface)? Of course this could potentially lead to trolls making.........their own special kind of art if you catch my drift <_<

But otherwise, it sounds like a cool idea to make people more distinct from each other. And yes I realise the likelyhood of something so complex getting added is pretty much Zero. But still, it's interesting food for thought.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Superman cape? Awesome. I wonder if it would have the superman symbol on the chest?

I don't know how'd that work. I'd just like a cape.
Maybe have people draw up their own flairs

I generally like the idea, but there's basically no way to monitor what people create.
Zero

Is this supposed to be a pun since the z is capitalized? http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv179/Sorrowz/Xat/Smileys/smirk.gif
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If it were a pun it would be ZERO

No, nobody would get it because it's in all caps.
I posted about it because there's a user called GhostOfZero, we usually call him Zero. Derp.
Submitting you flair to be reviewed by John would be a different story,

I don't think he'd like to have to review all those flair submissions each day.
Showing 1591-1605 of 2838