The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803855
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Is this supposed to be a pun since the z is capitalized?

Might just be force of habit on my part :S

BTW, drawing your own flair would be bad for that reason. Submitting you flair to be reviewed by John would be a different story, so long as bad people don't annoy John with it.

John said himself that adding a moderation system would take too long, which is why he won't add it (he WAS talking about a level editor, but it wouldn't really be much different in this case).
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

About user made stuff, in this page they talked about custom flags and John liked the idea. Funnily a guy mentioned the halo:reach system for creating your own logo, which is exactly what I was thinking about.

PrincessofDaisies
PrincessofDaisies
33 posts
Nomad

I feel like separating my posts without "---------" because I can =P

Does John usually read every post in this thread, Matrix?

I posted this a few days ago, and a few highly regarded (at least by me =P) people supported the ideas. Is this reasonable at all John, or are you more interested solely in potential flair headgear at this point? Slightly curious.

I think the flair idea was brilliant on your part, and I'd highly recommend adding much much more =]
Creative outfits make people feel more like its their game, and it's one of my favorite aspects of the game. There are many girls that play EP, and we only have one (somewhat ugly) hairdo to choose from :C Could you add more female do's, or some more feminine/nicer objects? Like a cat, mirror, heart, lollipop, mittens, cookie, etc.
Or possibly female runners? It might be a bit of a stretch, but one only needs to glance at your previous games to know you're fully up to the task :B
Patterns like polka dots or stripes or hearts would be neat, perhaps clothing? (I know some guys are probably thinking woah, clothing!? this is EP2, go play dressup games). Clothing might be a stretch, but we can add bodywear to handwear and headware. Like aprons, batman belts, and such.
All in all, after gameplay is sorted out, or if you have free time, PLEASE make flair much better than before, and don't forget about the ladies =]

Something worth noting is that many(or to be fair, some) very experienced players may not care for flair as it causes lag. But for newer players, and for a lot of others, it is huge. Don't worry about the outlandish flair, just surprise us?

Additional stuff.

Maybe add lips? That would be neat. I kept thinking about how these runners always look so manly, even with the one female hairstyle =P

I get that more guys play, but please add a few more items =]

The link to getsatisfaction is prety unclear as I had to search for a while for mentions of flair. There weren't as many as I had expected, I was surprised.

The prevalent ideas were guns, angel wings, demon wings, a Cloud sword (totally unexpected), sunglasses (neat), etc. Maybe a pair or serious shades, then some cute designer sunglasses in addition to that?
PrincessofDaisies
PrincessofDaisies
33 posts
Nomad

About this giant matrix/kenty discussion:

Back to the beginning of this discussion, since I never read your reason on this. Why don't you think that those people were being uncivilized and immature? Why don't you think what they were saying is stupid?

You are telling me that the entire point of 12 pages of two guys that donât exactly love each other is to get him to admit that them calling you a hacker = dumb? Iâll go back to the beginning briefly.
Matrix said:
Instead of asking a simple 'how'd you do that?', they just jump straight to conclusions and call me a hacker. Even a level 41 called me a hacker. This has to be the main reason why I don't use the chat box on Exit Path, most of the people on there are quite ignorant

The mistake you make here is whining about people calling you a hacker, frustrated to the point that most people online are âignorant.â Iâd like to see the image where you calmly explain, âI am a GM, playing on a guest account. I have played this game for hundreds of hours and have honed the shortcuts in most of the maps, which is why I am faster. I am sorry, but I will be finishing other levels this quickly because I am practicing. Feel free to ask any questions or tips or advice, I have posted videos online for people who want to improve quickly =]â
Well, can this be settled through comments, private messages, or ghost chat?
The point about
This is very true. Man up and hold back the (not so manly?) tears when that level 5 poster refuses to give you kudos and calls you a hacker, it's not much.[quote]
I wasn't complaining about them calling me a hacker. I was showing that they do call people hackers without asking questions first. They jumped to conclusions.
[/quote]
My argument wasnât mainly about you. It was highlighting that whining about being called a hacker is vastly insignificant to the sexual hazing online. This outweighs âpros being called hackers.â Yes, posting over 10 thousand words to âshow that they do call people hackers without asking questions firstâ is called whining.
PrincessofDaisies
PrincessofDaisies
33 posts
Nomad

[quote][quote]I said:If any girls under 12 play the game (even 13-14ish) they can be traumatized fairly easily by creeps over the internet
I usually end up muting half the room each match.

KentyBK said:
"I think the problem lies in that the game allows for a lot of anonymity while playing. And while I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it certainly leads to more people using guest accounts just for the sake of trolling. Not like anyone knows who they are.
Not sure how one could solve the problem though, apart from the obvious mute-every-stupid-person.
"[/quote]
I replied with a potential solution/more thoughts:
"What if I have Screen Shots of actual users (mostly < 30) or guests with the same appearances and save records as popular players?
I'm guessing that AG has some rules against slander, inappropriate, sexual language, grossly inappropriate conduct. The inappropriate stuff I've heard said to me (I'm a big girl, doesn't matter too much) or other younger girls that play is ridiculous. If darwin37 can get IP banned for multiple accounts, it seems fairly reasonable that hardcore sexually explicit threats should at the very least warrant similar punishment.
That would mean something. The chatroom isn't monitered period, and though a lot of dumb things are said, the stuff I've seen targeting female/gay players is quite sickening at time. Perhaps IPs can be matched up with some sort of red flag counter? Each person can give another runner a red flag. After 30-40 or so flags within a day, the poster will be temporarily banned? Or, the user will not be allowed to type things, period.
There are many other potential solutions to this, and I sure hope that I don't need to provide answers to the "woman up, just mute them and move on, missy" argument.
"[/quote]

It's somewhat surprising that this is all being shood under the doormat.

ISmurfedYou, I will admit that you make a good point, but I will say that the solutions I provide are better/more important because people shouldn't have to hide who they are online, and because the problem isn't unique solely to female players. EP is hosted on AG, chatrooms should follow some rules, and posters can be held accountable by ip/screen shots (works well for Colony), I feel that this is important. (To clarify my argument, I'm okay with it, because "I'm a big girl" This doesn't mean that I weigh 400 lbs and crude sexual insults cannot penetrate my thick blubbery ears, but means that I am at a mature enough age to shrug it off (no one shrugs it off without caring), but others definitely will not. Especially some really young people I was playing with lat month =/. This happens in about 1/5 rooms I join (which I typically leave) and at the very least is more important than what I've seen here so far)))
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Not this [removed] again.

You are telling me that the entire point of 12 pages of two guys that don�t exactly love each other is to get him to admit that them calling you a hacker = dumb? I�ll go back to the beginning briefly.

It's exactly how the discussion started, gaboloth started it by posting what he posted. I never read Kenty's views on the matter. Which is why I asked, it was the core of the discussion.
The mistake you make here is whining about people calling you a hacker, frustrated to the point that most people online are �ignorant.� I�d like to see the image where you calmly explain, �I am a GM, playing on a guest account. I have played this game for hundreds of hours and have honed the shortcuts in most of the maps, which is why I am faster. I am sorry, but I will be finishing other levels this quickly because I am practicing. Feel free to ask any questions or tips or advice, I have posted videos online for people who want to improve quickly =]�
Well, can this be settled through comments, private messages, or ghost chat?

Whining.
I was merely showing people that it's true, in my experience while playing.
If I could rewind time, then I'd take a screen-shot of it.
But since I didn't know that I was going to get into this argument over something so minor, I have none. I don't take a screen-shot of every single detail in the chat.
I cannot send comments nor private messages with guests on EP since they don't have an account. Ghosts chat is unlikely, I don't go there often because every time I do go there, there is animosity towards me.
My argument wasn�t mainly about you. It was highlighting that whining about being called a hacker is vastly insignificant to the sexual hazing online. This outweighs â�ï¿&frac12ros being called hackers.� Yes, posting over 10 thousand words to �show that they do call people hackers without asking questions first� is called whining.

I posted the definition of whining, you can think that if you want, but I differ. You may think that the sexual talk is more important than the hacker talk, but again, that's your opinion.
Others don't have the same views as you. It's like saying that a religious discussion is far more important than a video game discussion. Opinions differ.
EP is hosted on AG, chatrooms should follow some rules, and posters can be held accountable by ip/screen shots

Can't ban a guest since they have no account, and you can't prove a certain account is theirs unless they admit to it while in chat.
If you have any screen-shots of the abuse, then it's best to send an email to cormyn about it so that he can take care of it.
Nekkkkkid
Nekkkkkid
25 posts
Nomad

ISmurfedYou, I will admit that you make a good point, but I will say that the solutions I provide are better/more important because people shouldn't have to hide who they are online, and because the problem isn't unique solely to female players. EP is hosted on AG, chatrooms should follow some rules, and posters can be held accountable by ip/screen shots (works well for Colony), I feel that this is important. (To clarify my argument, I'm okay with it, because "I'm a big girl" This doesn't mean that I weigh 400 lbs and crude sexual insults cannot penetrate my thick blubbery ears, but means that I am at a mature enough age to shrug it off (no one shrugs it off without caring), but others definitely will not. Especially some really young people I was playing with lat month =/. This happens in about 1/5 rooms I join (which I typically leave) and at the very least is more important than what I've seen here so far)))

I just find it hard to believe that people think it's a serious issue when some immature 12 year old throws around any insult they can for attention. It's not direct abuse, it's barely even aimed at you. Mute and move on. It's pretty pathetic to get upset to it. Saying you're a "big girl" is all well and good but it's pretty much the equivalent of "I don't care..... BUT." If you don't care, don't worry about it.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I replied with a potential solution/more thoughts:

And I already replied to said solution. Unless John or someone else can correct me on this, I'm 100% sure the game does not check for IP adresses on guest accounts. Nor does it keep logs of every conversation made on the game.

You have exactly 2 options:

1) If that person has an account, screenshot and see if an admin takes it from there

2) Mute button

You seriously can't expect the problem to magically fix itself when you give every user the ability to down-vote others.

You know what's going to happen? They insult you and then down-vote you just because they have the option to. Not to mention you cannot ban guests from playing since those IPs aren't logged.

I just find it hard to believe that people think it's a serious issue when some immature 12 year old throws around any insult they can for attention. It's not direct abuse, it's barely even aimed at you. Mute and move on.

'tis what I do. Works pretty well.
ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Mute and move on. Yeah, sounds good. Except... occasionally a snarky comment is in order =P

What do we all think of shortcuts and tricks in EP2? Are they gonna be more numerous? Less? One thing I have been wondering is, in EP1, why didn't John just make some walls go all the way to the top of the screen and then the game screen ends there? Like at the start of crossroads, the top route is possible because the game works out-of-screen. Why not make the top of that wall the top limit of the game screen, as it is in maze (the large middle structure), lunge (same), and others (which I'm too forgetful to recall at the moment)?

Others that go offscreen:
Marathon
Over/Under
Secret Staircase
more...?
-Est

KingMaxwell
KingMaxwell
4 posts
Nomad

I spent a whole day dedicated to Exit Path, The game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

hey, found out a new double jumping technique, or at least i think no 1 else has ever thought of it, here's link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se85WptKFss&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i wouldnt call it a new technique because zou just go backwards after jumping. also pain already found out about it and used it on marathon with a pretty good result

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

pain did it with jumpers though, its alot harder to do without them, also, it could be rlly helpful, it let's u jump over the maze in maze, and over praticly the entire lvl in over and under, no 1 else has done it be4, so i consider it new

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

wait, u did watch entire vid right?

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

cuase i messed up twice in vid be4 i got it, from wut u described it sounded like the 1st attemped when i failed

Showing 1606-1620 of 2838