ForumsGames[Necro] Hack Slash Crawl

144 95261
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

What's the best race and attributes and titles in your opinion? Also what weapons and armor go best with that choice?

I like mages myself, and bolting enemies before they even reach me. I also use "Shield" sometimes.

• 144 Replies
DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

But once you have enough willpower to be able to cast a bolt 1000 times per second without running out of mana, you won't have any problems. The problem with meelees is that are very weak against charging enemy bosses (with creeps around). At this stage of game there comes the point where good playing doesn't suffice and you have to have luck how the rooms are filled. As a mage you can always deal - you know - infinte damage in almost no time.^^

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

Just learn to pull, don't run blindly in a group of enemies... and that's game time not real time.

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

And as I mentioned, you become invincible at some point anyway, the only part where you may die is like around 150k pearls, once you get high enough you just can't die.

VorpalS
VorpalS
9 posts
Nomad

With a quick comparison, at 1.2 mil somebody said he was dealing 350 damage a bolt, at the same level I was hitting for maybe 1500 so you'd need to do about 8-10 clicks per second to match a melee character's damage in real time, and 1.2mil is quite low, and things only get worse as it goes on since melee damage increase much faster than spell damage.

jayshey
jayshey
3 posts
Nomad

In response to 6108528607:

I had the infinite level up screen freeze after I charmed 30+ mobs when I was goofing off ~lvl 200.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Wow. I never got to the point where some of you guys are (level 200!?), but so far, I believe a Cursed Human is best. And if you're going for the melee type, it's a small -2 deduction that can easily be turned around at level2. You get the added bonuses of very awesome resistances and elemental attacks. It's mostly the luck of the draw, but some of these attacks can really turn the tide in your favor, especially if you get jumped by 6+ monsters.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Nice little game, shame there's no "save" for it, and that you die once and it's over. 3 lives would be a little better, or perhaps a "revive" spell.

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

There are situations where you simply can't pull and that's when you move millimeter by millimeter but still get attacked by a charging boss + 3 creeps. There is no way to deal with these as a meelee (at around 100k pearls). You can't get away from the charging boss which means you can't move and get beaten up by too many enemies.

Solace
Solace
2 posts
Nomad

The thing about being a melee-vamp, is it takes care of your offence, and hp. If you're going spellcaster, don't you have to put points into int, will, and hp, instead of dumping everything into strength?

63 posts
Farmer

The more mana orbs you get, the better weapons you'll find. Once you get past 300,000 you'll find weapons that do 40 damage and it keeps going up from there.

There is a massive glitch in this game. On some maps it's like the map goes outside of the game area (usually the extreme northeast or southwest) and if you walk into that section you disappear. But the problem is that if you click on an enemy in that area to attack him, your XP will go through the roof and you can update until it starts to lag too badly. When you finally break off the attack you'll find hundreds of swords, armor and money where the enemy was.

Be careful because if you get attacked in that area it's possible you'll instantly die.

cabba
cabba
93 posts
Nomad

@VorpalS
Aye that was be with the bolts, put everything in will and intellect that time. I am currently playing with a vampire, this time I put everything in strenght. In mid levels playing as a mage was alot easier, but in higher levels Knight is very much better indeed.

cabba
cabba
93 posts
Nomad

Made it to level 209 xD I hit 100K with crit hit lmao 28 million mana pearls put in me spot 32 of all time haha my weapon was a staff with 500 something in atk

konton
konton
1 posts
Nomad

Also there is SOMEWHAT a way to "revive"... i was playing last night and i didnt realize how low my health had gotten... well long story short i died and in a rage hit the heal spell and it brought me back with, yes, minimal health, but brought me back none the less :P so i booked and went on for another 15+ floors

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Konton, Same happened to me like 2 minutes ago.... I had the heal spell and the bigger heal spell on, I was mobbed and my character died and I hit the normal heal spell and came back to life

DemonSnIPeR
DemonSnIPeR
1 posts
Nomad

I've been playing as a golem juggernaut. I've gotten to lvl 40 (plus or minus a few) several times but have to stop as I can only play for a few hours at a time, but could've kept going this setup seems practically unstoppable. The only spells I require are shield and entangle, but I like to have a charge just for extra dmg. I drop at least 2 points per lvl into strength and 2/3s of the rest into stamina with the rest into will. Highest average dmg weapon possible and highest armor pieces, as long as I have something with entangle (juggernaut comes with shield). I usually go with an epic/devestating combo for the strength. I haven't gotten that many titles as I rarely die on my playthroughs, otherwise I might go with the faster running speed. I don't focus on resistances, by the time I get to the charging ice knights I should have enough mana to shield me through any situation, though I might keep one piece of equipment with a 50 ice resist just in case. If using a melee character shielding works better over healing as you can put your mana stats only into will for a fast recharge as opposed to dividing them into both will and intel to keep the healing power up. The trick to the entire game in my opinion, but especially in the later lvls is to pull as few peeps as possible, preferably one at a time. Enemies target by line of sight, you can usually maneuver yourself around walls just right and slowly creep closer to pull only 1 or 2. If you pull too many, entangle some of them and let the rest follow you back to a safer location. Entangle doesn't work on the charging knights though so you have to be extremely careful at pulling too many of them. At lvl 40 I could take on 3 at once with enough mana to shield me through the battle. Always shield before any battle and let the mana recharge before attacking. Never run or charge into a room as this will get you screwed: always pull the enemies to you. This is a great time killer it reminds of of diablo :P It definentely needs a save button so I can see how far I can push this setup.

Showing 76-90 of 144