ForumsThe TavernWhat is your area famous for?

143 20836
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

An example, I live near Chicago (you don't have to actually live in the city, but as long as you're close) and we're famous for our pizza; deep-dish especially.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dfClHjAuXrE/SmUXANuesdI/AAAAAAAAA8M/5e0uubWis4M/s400/Lou+Malnati%27s.jpg

• 143 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Having the largest mall in North America.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

We are famous for having many High tech companies here. Like Yahoo!

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

My area is famous for having an awesome soccer team, beautiful beaches, the Samba dancing and it is the biggest country in South America.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

My area is known for being pleasantly quiet, without being too boring.

skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

drenthe is renowed for it's marshes, dolmens and drug lines to germany.

flowerpoop
flowerpoop
30 posts
Nomad

my area is famous for mexican food. mmmmmm taco bell.

WaffleNinja
WaffleNinja
21 posts
Farmer

Halifax is known for having a very large explosion a while back.

large is an understatement - it was the largest man made explosion prior to splitting the atom.

We're also known for being proud, raging alcoholics
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

My zone is known for pizza, pasta, soccer, and a really dumb prime minister. It's Italy, by the way.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Pittsburgh, most livable city a few years in a row, the city of champions, steel city......other things I'm sure

My dad grew up there, so we're Steeler fans, especially my little brother (my dad too, but that's a little obvious) :P
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

My zone is known for pizza, pasta, soccer, and a really dumb prime minister. It's Italy, by the way.

Yeah, double post, I know.
How is Italy? My mom's family was originally from there and I've always wanted to see it.
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Naperville... Famous for... Being in Illinois and not having anything for people to do. Once you do everything, which is not much, it's really boring. Everyone gets tired of it and wants something to do.

Naperville, Illinois: Nothing to do and actually has really good tastey food, that I like to eat! Yeah, there's stuff to do sometimes, but the only thing you can do is hangout with friends. It actually isn't that bad.

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Winnipeg...
SLURPEE'S...
You get 'em at 7-11...
It's a store...
AND WE ARE THE SLURPEE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD!

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Johnstown, PA...well it floods a lot. We have many floods and well... that's what we are famous for. No one has ever heard of the place until you say " The place where the "Great Flood" of '89 happened." Then half the people know where you are talking about and the other half still don't know.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I live on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario. Well we have the tallest tower in the world, that has to count for something...

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

fillmore/greencastle for worst drivers in indiana

Showing 16-30 of 143