ForumsThe TavernWhat is your area famous for?

143 20833
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

An example, I live near Chicago (you don't have to actually live in the city, but as long as you're close) and we're famous for our pizza; deep-dish especially.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dfClHjAuXrE/SmUXANuesdI/AAAAAAAAA8M/5e0uubWis4M/s400/Lou+Malnati%27s.jpg

• 143 Replies
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

cave junction is know for the oregon caves they are cool by the way.

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

My area is know for the largest corn stalk in the world. Three stories high.

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Well where I go to school but NOT where I live is famous for being a place turboculosis (or T.B. for short)was cured. Also a battle during the war of 1812 was fought near where I live.

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Heres a hint: the places I'm talking about are in/near the Adirondack State Park.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

I live in Grand Rapids and the Rockford area in Michigan, and we have alot of pro football players from our area. Also, President Ford was buried in Grand Rapids, and Artprize is located here. Grand Rapids is an awesome city.

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

I live in Buffalo and that is where chicken wings were started (Buffalo Wings)

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

My area is famous for having the first baseball team (GO REDS!!!!!!!) and also for having the first pro American football team that became an amateur/pro team and then recently became an pro-amateur/pro team...yeah, that'd be the Bengals...

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

Washington, known for it's rain, and microsoft!! And art? maybe?

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Salford/Manchester?

L.S. Lowry, the artist. Manchester United, Manchester City, Salford Reds, Oasis.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

For the people who wear expensive designer clothes. What's going on now is Northface for guys and ugs/Northface combination for girls.

LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

Kentucky is the horse capital of the world.

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

Dublin, Ohio. Known for the "World acclaimed Dublin Irish Festival"? Yet even I don't go to it...

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

town is so small it is not even on the map.known for fields of corn and one of the battles in the revolutionary war was right on top of my school.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Actually, the city where I live isn't famous for anything, except for having a mayor who loves to be photographed.
However, I live pretty close to a big city which is famous, among other things, for an extraordinary building: La Sagrada Familia.

luis_h_antunes
luis_h_antunes
2 posts
Farmer

My city is famous for being the model city of our state, we even had an article about the city on the site of National Geographic. And we are know too for being a key city on the development of the country

[url=http://viajeaqui.abril.com.br/national-geographic/blog/izan-petterle/2012/01/18/sorocaba-cidade-onde-passado-e-futuro-se-encontram/]

Showing 121-135 of 143