ForumsThe TavernWhat is your area famous for?

143 20838
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

An example, I live near Chicago (you don't have to actually live in the city, but as long as you're close) and we're famous for our pizza; deep-dish especially.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dfClHjAuXrE/SmUXANuesdI/AAAAAAAAA8M/5e0uubWis4M/s400/Lou+Malnati%27s.jpg

• 143 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I suppose for being cold, beautiful, and having mountains. And lots of suicide for some reason. Oh, and salmon. And the Iditarod, even though only the ceremonial start takes place where I live.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I live in a village called sheen in england that are tug of war champions somehow

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

it is only known at all really because it has a place that was voted either the best BBQ in the country(U.S.A.) or the best BBQ in the state(Tezas)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

oops that was meant to be texas

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

Manchester, CT was the world's #2 exporter of silk in the 40's. WE supplied material for the US army's parachutes in WWII

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

being near Catalina, which will be great for my snorkeling certification

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

scuba not snorkel :P

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Manlyman, hate at tell ya, but that's what Memphis is famous for. That and being a crime capital :P
U probably think the best in the state. That's my guess
Oh yeah another thin for me is THE NEW YORK GIANTS! (even though MetLife stadium is in nj)

happybirthdayaphant1
happybirthdayaphant1
53 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who posted from New Jersey. We got Atlantic City, the Las Vegas of the East.

DoodleGuy
DoodleGuy
14 posts
Nomad

Madison is known for its beautiful bodies of water, the University of Wisconsin, the capital, and Scott Walker(not in a good way though).

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

High Unemployment: 9.9%

Yup, thats about it.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah. And Baltimore is known for having hobos. Lots of them. Come visit us to see for yourself.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Looking up random facts...

The average age is almost 20 years below the state average

The average income 10,000$ below the state average (which I'm guessing is because of one small rich community and an extremely large poor one)

The average house price is almost 200,000$ above the state average (which doesn't make sense with the preceding fact)

That's about it.

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

not much i can think of but probably known for all the tornado related things..everytime theres a storm theres always a tornado warning with it..so annoying

johnymcjohnflog
johnymcjohnflog
29 posts
Nomad

Colorado has mountains and unpredictable weather.

Showing 91-105 of 143