ForumsGame Walkthroughs{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

374 306963
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

Hello, i am just reserving here a post, i am osan and i love making reviews and walkthroughs, and my first here in AG will be a full walkthrough and review, this is just reserved (i will edit this post when game is out)

i am thinking of puting images and strategies, plus suggestions and other thins, but if you want any (please not a video) specific thing just tell me and i will work on that

• 374 Replies
AirDecade
AirDecade
23 posts
Shepherd
AirDecade
AirDecade
23 posts
Shepherd

I just left gemcraft running for the whole night! 0_0
And this is what I got by the morning
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59483122@N07/5539569324

337380 monsters killed ^^

CBauman
CBauman
7 posts
Nomad

Can anyone help me with field H2?
I have 554 skill points.

CBauman
CBauman
7 posts
Nomad

actually, I have 594 now

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...single red/lime dual gem with amplifiers, armored only monsters, anger early waves, but don't push hp above your gems minimum damage untill you get far enough. consider adding yellow to it when lime reaches ~100%+, and toss in a few grade 1-3 orange traps if you can afford them. this will get you through all the levels.

...If you can't max wildgem, find an earlier level with either red or lime on it, max the wave-count, and use max settings (except number of monsters; set this at your own discretion).

On the level with a shadow, make sure your gem has 1500 damage before the shadow comes.

kooook865
kooook865
4 posts
Peasant

once you get passed the third pylon you want to do lime/yellow on every single level. selling the wild gems you get after mana pool twice and unlokcing first gem type. unlock seconds after you sold the wild gem (if needed).
even on the last level i made armoured only and started with 1 grade 6 made from grade 5 lime and yellow and just kept copying as i got the mana. and beat it by wave 35 (wizard level 150)
(cant remember the stats i had at the time)

zekrom1
zekrom1
60 posts
Peasant

On the level with a shadow, make sure your gem has 1500 damage before the shadow comes.

Personally, I just bought a grade 8 armor tearing gem (combined with a grade 1 lime gem for dual gem bonuses) and used it to reduce armor to 0, then attacked with a grade 10 lime-yellow duel and never let one spawned monster slip through.

once you get passed the third pylon you want to do lime/yellow on every single level. selling the wild gems you get after mana pool twice and unlokcing first gem type. unlock seconds after you sold the wild gem (if needed).

Almost right here. I would wait until about map A7 before switching, otherwise you would have to play through other maps a ridiculous amount of times in order to get enough exp to get a high level wild gem. However, this is the right idea, and I only had to restart a level once (D2) due to summoning too many monsters. after doing this. With this strategy, the shadow on D4 should be a piece of cake, as long as you move one armor tearing gem around the field. (Currently up to map F6)

Hope this helps for anyone struggling with later levels!
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

had no troubles with D4's shadow, given a G14 lime/yellow already in place and 100k+ HP monsters all around (10+ angers G5 per wave). The first time I was playing the map I didn't even notice it coming on screen before receiving a "Victory" screen. In fact, if you would last to wave 60 on the pylon level while maintaining an increasing level of angering, the shadow will be just one more monster to kill, that 900 armor isn't anything special. (Maybe it'll be worthy if the shadow's armor would increase if you anger at the pylon...)

qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

on g7 do you have to have 2 tower formations, 1 on either side or can you have just one on the right side and upgrade it until it can get all 4 pylons

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Because you easily can obtain battle amulet "build 10 towers" why not to build them near pylons?

feldlurch
feldlurch
3 posts
Nomad

I wont get awarded the "Have at least 7 towers with 700 kills at the end of battle" amulet. The game just doesnt give it to me. A bug?

Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

@feldlurch, the 7x700 amulet is notoriously tricky. Many of us had to make numerous attempts to get it and everyone seems to have a different and conflicting take on what you need to do and what you need to avoid.

Most people agree that it's necessary not to have any gems (on or off the field) with less than 700 kills. Beyond that, there's not much agreement on the magic trick. Personally I tried many times, and I didn't succeed until I avoided using the anvil. But your experience will probably differ.

In short I think there is a bug affecting the amulet. Good luck.

xoarr
xoarr
8 posts
Nomad

Can someone please sumup how to get all the 4 hidden rooms?
1. lower left (kill 12 apparitions?)
2. lower right
3. upper right (beat challange on C11?)
4. upper left

thanks
M

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

See post in this forum.

From memory it's 200k kills, 12 apparitions, l9 challenge, ug forgot.

Aha, thread vanished, see google cached version.

feldlurch
feldlurch
3 posts
Nomad

@Ruffyl:

thanks, i think your tip with avoiding the anvil helped.
Here is what i did:

- Field B8
- Endurance, Swarm only, quadrupel monster.
- not using: anvil, amps, traps, shrines, walls, gembombs
- L/Y/R gems. managain was not needed, as i stopt on level 5 gems.
- i extended manapool at the end, as i did not want to end the game by bombing the orb.
- did not anger

hope this helps someone.

-

Showing 196-210 of 374