ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500237
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

Well, if Grade 12 isn't doing it for you, just buff it to Grade 13. Or make a dual or triple gem -- those get damage bonuses (duals get +15%, triples get +22% if you max the corresponding skill).

If you have spare skill points, you can put them in Resonance to buff your damage output.

Or you can Take A Third Option: build up to about 20k mana, then take a high-grade gem (at least G9 should do it) and start combining it with sheets of Grade 1 gems. You'll waste your gem's special abilities, but its max damage will rise (albeit very slowly). There should be no problem reaching 1000 max damage this way.

dark1ag
dark1ag
2 posts
Nomad

first of all, i love the game; i'm still young (L60) but i think i'll never play like most of you (trap+6amps or tower+8amps); i prefer the vanilla td style (few towers shooting two or three sections of the path) with a few amps...

now two questions: 1) why is my wild gem most of the time green-red-orange? shouldn't all 56 triplets be equally frequent?

2) about amulet "no more than 2 gems at a time, no U, 5000+mana" what is the trick? i take a level with easy settings and play with just one tower; occasionally i make a second gem and join it into the main one. why don't i get an amulet? and yes, i spent more than 5k mana.

Amitty
Amitty
2 posts
Nomad

http://imageshack.us/f/810/newbitmapimage2w.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/266/newbitmapimage1.jpg/

nothing special but i like it :P

Amitty
Amitty
2 posts
Nomad

http://imageshack.us/f/266/newbitmapimage1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/830/newbitmapimage2r.jpg/

Vimpster
Vimpster
1 posts
Nomad

first of all, i love the game; i'm still young (L60) but i think i'll never play like most of you (trap+6amps or tower+8amps); i prefer the vanilla td style (few towers shooting two or three sections of the path) with a few amps...

now two questions: 1) why is my wild gem most of the time green-red-orange? shouldn't all 56 triplets be equally frequent?

2) about amulet "no more than 2 gems at a time, no U, 5000+mana" what is the trick? i take a level with easy settings and play with just one tower; occasionally i make a second gem and join it into the main one. why don't i get an amulet? and yes, i spent more than 5k mana.

The random gem is not really random. Each map has been given a predetermined gem. So that same map will always give you the same gem assuming you have the same amount of skill points in that skill. Why the predetermined gem wasn't made more diverse between the fields, I dunno.

The reason you are not getting that amulet is because you are upgrading your gem by adding gems to it. You are expected to replace the gem and destroy the previous one in order to get a higher grade gem. Even if you aren't upgrading it to a new lvl gem you are still considered upgrading the gem if you add any gem to it.
dark1ag
dark1ag
2 posts
Nomad

thank you for your response.

maydayp
maydayp
31 posts
Shepherd

I was wondering how everyone here has their skill points spent? I'm lvl356 and have a hard problem just started being able to get lvl9 or 10 gems by the end of the map.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/maydayp/gemcraft.jpg

Registereded
Registereded
12 posts
Nomad

I was wondering how everyone here has their skill points spent? I'm lvl356 and have a hard problem just started being able to get lvl9 or 10 gems by the end of the map.

http://i.imgur.com/EkcGQ.png

Here's what I would recomend you try, RYL first in a tower but once it has 10,000+ kills put it in a trap with amplifiers that have either red or yellow pure gems. The minimum you should have your bloodhound special in a trap is 200% and yellow at 30x, so at 10,000 kills you have a minimum trap damage of 20,000 X 30 = 600,000 minimum damage hitting multiple monsters. Then just focus on raising the yellow as high as you can get it. This only works if you summon almost every wave, otherwise forget about red and either use a dual gem or use a color that you think is best.

OL and OLB are great in traps but not worth it until at least grade 12.

Always remember to mana pool as much as possible to get your multiplier up.
freelance52
freelance52
16 posts
Shepherd

Hi. Happy New Year to all. Anyone heard if a sequel to labyrinth is being made/due out etc, I'm a gemcraft addict and need a new fix!

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith
freelance52
freelance52
16 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for that, Gremlion. Now I have to focus on getting work done/life in order/time management etc so as to free up space in my world ready to utilise on the new game. Thanks again.

maydayp
maydayp
31 posts
Shepherd

yes they are already working on a sequal. there are also two previous version of GCL.

mrgosciniak
mrgosciniak
1 posts
Nomad

ANNOYING?!?!?!?!
God i cant i cant i cant!!!
I am 490 lvl summoner and please say me what i am doing wrong.
Its start to be boring for me because i cant reach on maps no more than 200-800k xp.. usually i use l/y and o/l/y toweers. I tried combination with traps but it doesnt work good. For now better towers.. Ofc always 8 amplifiers.. What i do bad? I never created 12 lvl gem..

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

@mrgosciniak:
1) Sell wild gem immediately, and create useful gem from it's price.
2) Use L+O in a trap. As it is buggy, it will bring tremendous mana as you increase it's Grade. (it starts to rock from Grade10-12)
3) SUMMON. SUMMON and SUMMON more. You need to summon more Giant monsters to harvest more mana from them with the LO in trap. Needs some practice to know your actual limits.
4) Watch gremlion's tutorials several times to understand the key concepts.

Shepherdet
Shepherdet
1 posts
Nomad

I would first like to say that everything i say here about this game should come with the pretense that i give this game a 88/100 as far as tower defense games go. A very great installment to the Gemcraft saga.

Gemcraft is a great game series. I have played them all and about a month ago i purchased the premium version of the game and started the haul. I got to be honest, not much has changed but the concept is always refreshing, for i play ungodly amount of tower defense games. Long story short... the bomb system, lightning and bolt shrines are completely useless. Bombs should be way more powerful because you character losses that gem forever and should be increased in power 10-fold. Shrines to especially because there ablities are nerfed and hardly kill anything considering the fact that you...again...lose the gem forever. I have a level 104 "Wizard" and i am noticing that every ability has a time and place but....alas there are some balancing issues. Especially in endurance mode. Most missions (on endurance mode) now, even with the best combinations, only last about 130-140 depending on original difficulty. Maybe some special damage abilities unlock after level 100. Anyway like i said before its a great game and i still smash the crap out of it weekly. Crushing baddies is way to much fun and the amount/scale of them....insane. Strategy is good, story is ok.

DEFINITELY TRY THIS GAME YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

Showing 1111-1125 of 1151