ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81811
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

AND WHATS GUNNA HAPPEN TO AG2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN TRANSFER ALL THE GAMES ON HERE TO AG3 OR JUST THE FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the games will be transferred.....

if there isnt already you guys should make a chat room for AG3 so people can get help on things and stuff like that.

There's already a Support Section for questions.

And also a place to report bugs but you guys prob thought of that already.

You report bugs by contacting the admins directly.
xShiftedHD
xShiftedHD
61 posts
Nomad

I don't know about that rumor, but in my opinion, that'll be cool to change your username.

always
always
36 posts
Nomad

I don't think this is a very good idea at all. No one will be able to recognize you and people might pretend to be other people by saying they just changed their name.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

No one will be able to recognize you and people might pretend to be other people by saying they just changed their name.

Your previous username will be stated on your profile.
always
always
36 posts
Nomad

Oh, that makes sense. Never mind then.

I need to start reading threads before posting :P
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I need to start reading threads before posting :P

Yes, you do.

I don't know about that rumor, but in my opinion, that'll be cool to change your username.

As far as I know, the username change feature will be implemented in AG3.
Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

Wait, couldn't someone secretly be a hacker, and change their username so that they won't get banned?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Wait, couldn't someone secretly be a hacker, and change their username so that they won't get banned?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Not to mention that the admins will be the ones changing their username in the first place.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Not to mention that the admins will be the ones changing their username in the first place.

I imagine the feature would be something in the control panel and you could use it once or once every X amount of months.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Even if it was in the control panel, the admins would have to verify the username change so that it doesn't break any rules.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Wouldn't it be easier to apply the filter to that instead? I would think they have more important things to do.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If that does turn out to be the case, the whole "hacker" thing wouldn't be a problem anyway.

No, the way we're planning it is that you'll need to have been an active member for a period of time.

Hackers don't tend to last too long here.
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I would like to have that feature.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Daizidawizard does make a valid point since our old usernames are up for grabs after the 30 day waiting period is up. That's why Cormyn was saying, pages ago, that you have the initial 30 period to change back to your original name 'cause if wait until after the time period is up you risk losing your old name forever.

Showing 256-270 of 301