ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 81967
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
Blobshniflob
Blobshniflob
17 posts
Nomad

How do you change your username?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Freakenstein, nice overuse of the phrases "i mean" and "i bet you".

I feel like you should have each name shown as former aliases (like steam does) so that people can tell who was who originally.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How do you change your username?

The feature's not out yet on AG2. But in AG3 it'll be out in a few months. Lurk around the AG3 Forum more!
so that people can tell who was who originally.

When you change your username on AG3 it'll show your old username in the URL for 30 days then after that it'll change to your new username if you choose to stick with it. So, I don't really like your idea of having the former username on your profile since I absolutely hate this username currently and when the AG3 feature launches I want to get rid of it, forever.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Can you keep your username?

Read Ian's post on this page.

He said that you can keep it for 30 days, but after that time period is up then it'll be available for anyone to use.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

GhostOfMatrix, thats a pretty awesome name in my opinion and i know that you can see it for 30 days, i just think even if others can use it, it should show that you were once that name.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I feel like you should have each name shown as former aliases (like steam does) so that people can tell who was who originally.

We've already planned this as an administrative feature, but it does make sense to expose this to other users, along with a date, like:

Cormyn's naming history:
Cormyn, January 10, 2011 to present
Kormyn, August 2, 2010 to January 10, 2011
Nymroc, April 17, 2010 to August 2, 2010
Cormyn, January 11, 2010 to April 17, 2010

Can you keep your username?

If you're asking "do we *have* to change our username?" then the answer is no. This is an opt-in service that we're going to build for users who want to change their username.
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Well I've got the best new username, but I'm not going to say, because someone may steal it. All I will say is it has

Zero
in it somewhere. But not GhostOfZero ( I don't see the point of GhostOf in front of your name).
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

it does make sense to expose this to other users, along with a date, like:

If the user doesn't want to have their old username displayed, will there be a feature for them to hide it?
( I don't see the point of GhostOf in front of your name).

It's for a game.
A club thing for Exit Path, now that it's over I'm going to change my username as soon as the feature is available on AG3.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

I have an important question about usernames. When you change your username, do your points magically disappear just like your username?

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

And also, how did Cormyn change his username? He said it was only available in AG3.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Why can't you just change it? why does it have to have this huge fiasco behind it? You should be able to change your username in th user's settings with no huge process or naming history.. etc. basically, quit being babies

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

They aren't being babies, they just haven't put in the feature yet. If they hadn't even talked about it, and you hadn't known about it, you wouldn't be calling them babies.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

They're making it a huge deal when there doesn't need to be...
you have to be a good person in AG and no one else can steal your username for 30 days wha wha wha...
Just have it as an option to change your username. Like I had mine when I was what... 16? I thought it was cool, but now my username is kind of dumb. Instead of it being this huge process, just lemme change the thing.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Its just that they didn't think of the idea to put that in before.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

And also, how did Cormyn change his username?

He didn't. That was an example.
And the reason we need to be a "good person" and a ll that is because the ability to change it is a privilege, not a right.
Showing 16-30 of 301