ForumsSupport ForumFAQ/HOWTO: Search the Armor Games Forums

60 30150
Noleee
Noleee
41 posts
Nomad

How can I search for something in the forum?!?
for example a topic for a specifc game walkground...

If this doesnt exist..I realy like why
_o/

• 60 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This thread isn't stickied, i could reply to it. Wait a minute, what does a sticky mean in armor games threads?

It is stickied, it just isn't locked.

Sticky threads on AG means that the threads are at the top of each Forum, they never fall back unless they are un-stickied.

The sticky threads are the ones with reddish-orange push-pins & are bolded.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This thread isn't stickied, i could reply to it. Wait a minute, what does a sticky mean in armor games threads?

Sticky: Has a little pin icon at the site, and will remain at the top of the section for all to find.
Thus this is stickied.

What you are thinking about is "locked", which gives the thread a little padlock icon at the side, and makes everyone unable to reply to the thread.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

They are basically important threads of each section that deserve to be highlighted. I was looking through the threads and I found a good answer that Freakenstein made to other guy:

Sticky threads are made by moderators/admins. They are there to keep important info, memos, and notices. As such, they can never be moved down the list or on older pages, because they are so important! The reason why they are always first in the list, have pins next to them, and have bold font, is because they are begging everyone to read them. They desire attention! They want to feel loved, recognized, and important!
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

man, i am so glad i found this thread. i had to get to the thread search to tell a user how to get to there.

kingcaldwell
kingcaldwell
34 posts
Nomad

ahh heck ive went through 40 pages of threads trying to find stuff for a certain game maybe those sticky threads are trying to help us.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

yeah. i always comment on the stickies because those are the ones that people usually read.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Wait a minute, it says i have 26 posts, i have 30. I am glad that he put that thread search on. I found a few that i really needed to look at.

Ameliawood
Ameliawood
1 posts
Nomad

The once's that people usually read i.e comment on the stickies.I found some information for which I was looking.

CigarStoreIndian
CigarStoreIndian
40 posts
Nomad

Here's a quick way that nobody seems to have mentioned:

[url]http://armorgames.com/search/toast/community[/url]

That's the link you'd use to search the community for toast. If you want to search for something besides toast, replace the word "toast" with the word you want to search. Unfortunately this may only work with one-word searches.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

They desire attention! They want to feel loved, recognized, and important!

The quote above is a personification. I just search for threads when I check the forums.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The quote above is a personification. I just search for threads when I check the forums.

It's a personification of a physically-starved and lonely modification to the forums! They only want to warn you of impending information that is important. But then they always get the last laugh when you don't and then you make yourself foolish by posting something one of the stickies clearly covers

But no, really, read them ._.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

sodangobsessed, this is not a forum to talk about merits, it is to talk about searching the threads. But the search is outdated. It is very old, and is not very useful for recent threads(by recent, I mean past 1 1/2 years.

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

you can always google: armorgames community then something like a keyword

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

@Ghgt99

Good point about Chuck Norris there

jmanpwnage1
jmanpwnage1
12 posts
Nomad

the search 4 the games on ag is really retarded. it searches stuff that is nottttt what u typed. at all.

Showing 16-30 of 60