ForumsThe TavernBooks

51 10404
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I noticed that there is nothing on this forum about books. For shame! I know we are in the digital age and all, but I personally love to read. I have always been an avid bookworm, although I don't have much free time to read nowadays.

So what kind of books do you like to read? What book are you currently reading? What is your favorite book ever?

• 51 Replies
morbid_giggle
morbid_giggle
137 posts
Nomad

I'll read just about anything, but at the moment (and for about 2 years now) I really love crime books. I'm running out of stuff to read atm so if anybody knows any really good crime books (fact or fiction) PLEASE leave a comment about it on my profile.

At the moment I'm reading The Third Victim by Lisa Gardner (good book)

I'm also a big Jodi Picoult fan (haha, shes not exactly a crime writer is she!) And would recommend her books to anybody (especially My Sisters Keeper, amazing book)

Sorry for rambling on all :-)

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I have finished the Harry Potter series and have also nearly finished the Series of Unfortunate Events!

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

We really do need a books section of the forums. Anyway, currently I'm reading a series called Ranger's Apprentice. It is really good. Ask me about it if you want to know more.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

@ BASHA
i love the eragon/inheritance series as well, and i cant wait until the third one comes out in september. i also enjoy the fantasy series The Keys To The Kingdom by Garth Nix. o, and has anybody read Traitor and the followup Payback by Andy McNab? Wow, these are two great peices of material that are about a former SAS Soldier accused of being a traitor. the story goes on about how his grandson tries to find him, which causes a giant cat and mouse chase all over europe, that actually seems somewhat believeable. would seriously make a great movie. a lot like the BOURNE movies.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

@madgamer131

I love the Eragon books! I can't wait tell the next. Did you hear he is going to write a 4th book?

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

i think mine fav book is... 2nd worlds books based on reality, or true stories.
i never know why i choose those books instead of fun book but i think i just like too read how the war was and how people behave, what they were thinking etc.. alot of questions.
i once readed an book.. (forgot title) and it was about an german officer of the army who lost his family, and i wonder how he will act and that kind of stuff. anyway he still had his son so he atleast was an bit happy.
but i never got time for books or it must be an holiday or 2 days off or something so i geuss reading is an problem for me..

Showing 46-51 of 51