ForumsThe TavernBooks

51 10405
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I noticed that there is nothing on this forum about books. For shame! I know we are in the digital age and all, but I personally love to read. I have always been an avid bookworm, although I don't have much free time to read nowadays.

So what kind of books do you like to read? What book are you currently reading? What is your favorite book ever?

• 51 Replies
pwningdude
pwningdude
36 posts
Peasant

my favorite book is The Outsiders

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

ya that outsiders was good

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

I really like stuff by Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. Try The Hithchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, by D. Adams and the Color of Magic by T. Pratchett. Really funny books that take pride at their total inability to make any sort of sense whatsoever. I usually like books where the plot is usually only an annoying inconvenience to the characters and is not wildly important, but only because I can't remember the entire plot lines from any book I have ever read, even my favorites. I like books with elaborate plots too, I just can't remember them.

rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

People think we cant learn things or upgrading our imagination from movies,etc... just books doesnt have pictures,we can learn many things from games,movies...i personaly dislike to read letters...better for me to watch pixels

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

i also like his dark materials,

My favorite book has to be gridlinked though.

spygirl
spygirl
124 posts
Nomad

I love reading i read all the time! I read mysteries, as you can see in my name, i would love to be a spy or secret agent so i love mystery stories they rock and i like adventure too!

weave
weave
99 posts
Nomad

i hate to read i dont have ne favorite books. reading is boring i only do it wen im tryn to fall asleep of boredom.

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

I like the Enders game series and Enders shadow series by Orson Scott Card.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I like Where the Red Fern Grows, and I am Legend. (The book not the movie. Although the movie was awesome!)

iskane
iskane
267 posts
Nomad

I'm reading To Kill A Mocking Bird which is probly the best book ever written. And every will be written.

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

has anyone read "Island of the Blue Dolphins"? I had to read as a 4th grade standard, we were forced to read it or get horrible grades. And the red fern grows was also a book i found very boring in 5th grade. I like the Chronicles of Narnia, i read them since i was in 4th grade.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

i dun get to read alot, but i like the bone comics (if that counts) an his dark materials, an artemis fowl

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's been too long since I picked up and read comics, but it'd be nice to do that. Those were the days...

Shamefully while I approve of reading, and reading books, I seem not to make enough time to do so. I have a number of neuro. publications I want to read but they're all non-fiction.

Despite not liking colonially-themed stuff, my favorite fiction that I've read thus far is probably Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. It just oozes irony!

Bratt02
Bratt02
402 posts
Shepherd

I like reading books such as Goosebumps by R.L. Stine, Coraline by Neil Gaiman, The Missing by Sarah Langan, The Heat of the Moon by Sandra Parshall, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and Garfield by Jim Davis! XD And some other that I forgot... :P

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

why do you like goosebumps by R.L. Stine? funny thing is once i saw one of her books it said the book was by "R.U. Slime". it was funny.

Showing 16-30 of 51