ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1465398
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
rahelswolf
rahelswolf
17 posts
Nomad

Get ready for the trolls... Oh wait, the cavalry has arrived sooner than expected.

MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

You know what are some of the things I don't get about christianity?

1. how can mary be considered a virgin after giving birth to Jesus?

2. The whole killing jesus and forgiving afterwards is not realistic (whats more realistic are the greek gods punishing people for killing their numerous children)

3. Jesus coming back to life

and my biggest issue, the fact that christians try to kill off as many religions as they can.

what would Zeus do (Instead of Jesus) Then I could go he would F*** random women!

I agree with that. Sometimes it gets funny when Hera (zeus's immortal wife) finds out about his other children.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Magic sperm...
The Thing That God Can't Do

2. The whole killing jesus and forgiving afterwards is not realistic

Why God came up with the idea of magic sperm the first place.
The Thing That God Can't Do
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

god used artificial insemination. duhhhh.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

You can't really deny science. But to many, you can't deny religion. So you live with both. It's common sense.

Religion tries to prove itself right by proving everyone else wrong.
Science tries to prove itself right by proving when it's wrong.

The above option doesn't work.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

i know this is going to bring up a **** load of issues but the idea of Jesus rising from the dead was stolen

The idea of someone rising from the dead wouldn't be a very unique one i'd imagine. Death is the one thing that no one comes back from, so of course, there's going to be stories of people who have. What random belief would be complete without some way to conquor death/come back from it/gain something from it?
dumbbutdeadly2189
dumbbutdeadly2189
113 posts
Nomad

Kasic for once i completely agree with you

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

You know what are some of the things I don't get about christianity?

2. The whole killing jesus and forgiving afterwards is not realistic (whats more realistic are the greek gods punishing people for killing their numerous children)

3. Jesus coming back to life

1. A "virgin" is a person who has not had SEXUAL INTERCOURSE - not a person who has given birth to a baby.

2. Please explain more on why you don't understand this. From my understanding, Jesus came to earth, died to forgive all our sins so that we may once again have a personal relationship with God.

3. God created the world, surely he can bring someone back to life (surely he can bring himself back to life).
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

not a person who has given birth to a baby.

And exactly how do you have a person still a virgin have a baby? Artificial insemination wasn't exactly all the rage 2000 years ago.

Jesus came to earth, died to forgive all our sins so that we may once again have a personal relationship with God.

All powerful God just can't say, "You're forgiven?" No, instead he has to pick the bloodiest, cruelest way possible? That's just sadistic, not forgiving.

God created the world, surely he can bring someone back to life

Which also means he created everything evil in it, and all the things wrong with it.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

God is just, not just forgiving.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

God is just, not just forgiving.

So it's just that he creates people who are going to be insane psychopathic killers and crazy ******** who start wars in his name, and he must know that they will, for he's omnipotent, which also gets rid of free will right there. He has people mauled by bears for calling someone baldy, and kills the first born of every egyptian for the crimes of the ruling class, he sends Adam and Eve, who were innocent and ignorant of all things supposedly, out of the garden for being tricked by a lie, something that they had no idea what it was. He tells people that you should stone witches and gay people, and that if a women is a daughter of a priest and she is ***** and no one helps her, she should be stoned. Explain how in any way any of those are just.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

God lets you do what you wan't but he'll make you pay for it after you die. If you do bad things and live a bad life you go to hell, but if you live a good life and trust in God and Jesus you go to Heaven (thats a short summary of what I believe).

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

The bear thing is stupid, because God made the animals have instincts and the reason a bear mauls you is if it feels threatened or if its hungry and wants to eat you. The Egyptian thing was to show the pharaoh that God is more powerful than he is and that his Gods were false. The Adam and Eve incident happened because he knew that they would sin and that if they didn't do it then someone in the future would do it, and God knew that people are jerks and would become selfish and if the garden of Eden incident didn't happen God knew that people would think of them selves as gods.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The Egyptian thing was to show the pharaoh that God is more powerful than he is and that his Gods were false

Great, so why didn't he just punish the pharaoh. Instead, he kills the first born of -every- egyptian, whether or not they were party to the enslavement of the hebrews.

The Adam and Eve incident happened because he knew that they would sin

Yes, because he made them that way. He's blaming them for doing what he made them to do. That's so messed up.
Showing 1771-1785 of 4668