The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsSupport Forum[ans] How to become a moderator.

35 9340
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I really want to become a moderator. If you have any suggestions,they would be greatly appreciated .

• 35 Replies
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Thank you for giving me some new hope.
That really helped

Wow, you really must want to be a moderator. I want to be one, but I can be an ordinary joe.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Did you even read the post you quoted?

Yes, he said he'll be looking for some things, but didn't specify on how it would work. Like a filter. He just said what the requirements would be. If there isn't a filter then it would be flooded.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I'm going to say this once. Moderators are a joke

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

yeah its kinda sad if ur a mod cause this is small flash gaming site
all it shows is that u spend too much time on armorgames

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I'd rather think that being ~#500 on Alexa's traffic rank statistic merits "not a small flash gaming site", no?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Moderators are a joke

So you would rather have a garbage site?

Explain why it's sad if a person is a Moderator. It just shows that they are trusted enough to help maintain the site. Oh, and this isn't a small flash gaming site. There's almost 1,000,000 accounts on Armor Games. You call that small?
all it shows is that u spend too much time on armorgames

No it doesn't. If you go through some Moderator accounts you can see that most of them don't have much Armor Points. It just shows that they are very helpful/active/trustworthy/respectable/long time users with spotless records.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

looks like I don't have much of a chance of becoming one

As I said, it depends on the infraction(s). A single minor infraction may not hurt your chances, but breaking any of our Terms and Conditions will completely disqualify you.

is it possible to clear your "criminal" (lol) record on AG?

No.

Moderators are a joke

its kinda sad if ur a mod cause this is small flash gaming site

Guys, don't feed the trolls. Armor Games is one of the leading Flash gaming sites on the Internet, and our forums and community are the very best.

And besides, there are actual paying jobs out in the real world for people who have experience dealing with moderator roles, so don't take it too lightly.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Cormyn said: As I said, it depends on the infraction(s). A single minor infraction may not hurt your chances, but breaking any of our Terms and Conditions will completely disqualify you.

This really relieves me, as I don't think I broke any of the terms and conditions (That url might not work as I have never made a "link" on AG.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

This is getting me pumped up; Ok no more writing without grammar or acting immaturely.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I know a lot of people think it's really awesome at first, but once you are a moderator, I'm sure it's a lot of work...

I think it would be cool though.

dfghj123
dfghj123
20 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't really care about being a moderator. I take it as a fact that mods just get to push a few more buttons than us grunts.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

AG3? Will the site have a new theme and layout? If so shouldnt you do a poll?

Yeah, it has a totally new layout.
Poll for like voting for a new moderator?
The staff picks the new mods themselves, it's not really a democracy.
europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

So what happens if you are chosen to be a mod and you just want to be a regular member? Do you have the option?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

So what happens if you are chosen to be a mod and you just want to be a regular member? Do you have the option?

Of course you have an option. It's not like the AG Administrators are some evil people that'll make you be a Moderator, lol.
They'll probably E-Mail you asking you if you would like to become one if they see you fit to be one. Then you E-Mail them back with a yes or no or something like that.
AquaRescue
AquaRescue
88 posts
Peasant

It might help if you don't spam and report people who do spam. The only problem with that is you can't ban the player.

Showing 16-30 of 35