The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDo you swear in public? Be honest...XD

107 14769
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

I tend to swear when I'm alone, but in public, I am able to refrain from cursing... lol

• 107 Replies
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

I think it is absurd that swearing is offensive. They are just words, whats the problem? I think they help you express your self.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I swear a lot in school, with my friends, and by myself. I try to refrain from doing it in public places like a shopping mall or something. In my class, there are about 100-400 swears a day by everybody put together.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

Not really..... unless it's part of a joke that I'm telling, and even then it's really quiet.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Is their really anything offensive about swearing?

I think it is absurd that swearing is offensive.

Swearing is offensive because it was made that way in the language. There's a 'taboo' against swearing. If we all cursed all the time, it would make the importance of the words go away. Sure, they're just words, but they're important words. Using them can add intensity or weight to a situation or take it away. Swearing is important because we can express ourselves more maturely and people will pay attention more. So curse words aren't just 'words', they're words that can change a situation greatly, just by the impact their sound makes.

/rant.

Anyway, with relevance to the OP:
I swear a lot to myself, just really quietly. I almost never swear at anyone else, unless I'm really angry or just joking. And even then, I don't swear much at all.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I don't swear, I swear!

But really, I do swear in public, it's just not a very big deal to me, or most people it seems. I don't use any of the really offensive swear words, though, it's mostly just the d-word (the four letter one) and other mild swears.

RedBlazer2
RedBlazer2
64 posts
Peasant

i only do it when im really angry and i mean really pissed but even there i rarely do it

Mirage1
Mirage1
202 posts
Nomad

**** yeah. Hehehe.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I don't swear on a regular basis, normally when I do swear I'm extremely aggravated but in public, I've never sworn.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Hit **** **** hell ***** **** ***. Need I say more?

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I usually tend to refrain from cursing, but I don't get annoyed when other people do. I just keep on with the conversation.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I curse like a SOB. It's not such a big deal, here in Portugal (at least where i live).

ManiacalMind
ManiacalMind
176 posts
Nomad

While I swear to myself a little, I never swear in public, I've just tried to be courteous around others.

Muse2223
Muse2223
372 posts
Nomad

All the time.

The negative connotations that have been put on these words are absolutely retarded.

Muse2223
Muse2223
372 posts
Nomad

connontation*

Durr hurr

I mean it though. There is absolutely no reason why the "s word" is bad, but "crap" isn't.

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

HELLZ THE EFFING YES! Now if i meet someone new then no but at school even there i swear like a ****ing sailor. Around my parents only crap. But my friends well they usally never try to diss me because they know i will cuss the **** out if they do. **** see im doing it now XD

Showing 31-45 of 107