The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDo you swear in public? Be honest...XD

107 14771
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

I tend to swear when I'm alone, but in public, I am able to refrain from cursing... lol

• 107 Replies
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

I never swear wheather in public or by myself. It makes me feel wrong and unclean. I dont mind other people around me saying it though. lol.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't really swear in public. From the AG Forum Rules:

No excessive swearing or language. If you're that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.

Here's my translation:

If you're going to swear, spell it correctly an don't format it in a weird way. Do not swear excessively.
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

Well, I only say the "minor" swear words like ****, hell, etc. I also say some of the British slang like bloody, bugger, etc. If it's in public I'll only curse out loud if I'm with people I trust, or I'll say it under my breath or in my head.

agmisabeast
agmisabeast
56 posts
Nomad

I swear all the time in public when I'm with my friends, but around my parents and relatives I never do. I don't think they don't realize that I swear as much as I do.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I swear the most online apparently; in public not at all.

You're lucky you aren't my kid. I'd put you down and spank you like a 3 year old if you told me to **** myself...

Yup.

I swear rather alot, not because i think it makes me sound tough, or what ever, it's just how me and my frineds speak.

I omitted the "not" in my mind when I first read that. Meh, a swathe of the people I find myself associated with tend to swear a bunch. Doesn't mean my vocabulary has to be restricted though. Frieds.
PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

I curse when I work at Wal Mart

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

yea i tend to try not to curse in most public places

libby21
libby21
85 posts
Nomad

I never cuss because I see no point in it. All you are doing is saying a word but you can just say dang instead of d***.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't swear even not in public, the only times that this might happen would be if I didn't do it purposefully.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

the only time i swear is at video games... so if im playing those in public then yes, i do

Convallaria
Convallaria
18 posts
Peasant

I swear ALL the time. Seriously, all the time.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

You're lucky you aren't my kid. I'd put you down and spank you like a 3 year old if you told me to **** myself...

Tch spanking would be the least of my worries, I'd get smacked so hard my grandchildren would feel it. Then again I would never do that, considering you know, I respect my parents.
PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

I dont understand why cursing is such a big deal. A word is a word but for some reason when it is a curse word people get shocked? Never made sense to me. It's just a way to express anger

gamingboy2000
gamingboy2000
56 posts
Nomad

Swaering in public is rude and chavy.

DeathSparks
DeathSparks
4 posts
Nomad

Swearing isn't something I do on a regular basis, if I do swear it's normally under my breath or in my head, so nobody really hears me.
I don't see much point in swearing, anyways.

Showing 91-105 of 107