ForumsThe TavernSo long, and thanks for all the lulz (Cormyn's Trolling of AG)

218 56417
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Things reached a breaking point today with the whole "fire a mod" thing, and I'm done playing. I'm packing up my toys, and I'm going home. Literally. I'm packing my desk, and going home. Enough of this BS.

I had given my unlisted phone number to the moderators over Christmas for emergency contact purposes, and one of them thought it would be funny to start subscribing me to paid SMS services and other subscription phone call services like surveys or some crap. Of course, none of them had the spine to give me *their* phone numbers for contact purposes, so it's not like I can call each of them to find out who it was. I have a suspicion it was Cenere or Zophia in Europe because the calls are coming really late at night -- apparently AG needs better screening on the maturity level of its moderators. Like I don't get enough sleep at night already with a newborn...

This thing is obviously way out of hand. What started as a means to diplomacy and to give the other mods a much needed kick in the arse ended up causing all kinds of spam, enraged users, actual hate mail, and now late-night phone surveys waking up my entire family.

Another survey call just came in on my cell phone this afternoon, and I flew into a rage, telling Dan, Justin and John that we need to just wipe the entire moderator panel because they're obviously not mature enough to handle the job. We all argued, they told me I had power issues, and had the audacity to tell me that *I* was the one that started all of this, and that being a self-appointed community manager wasn't even in my job description, so why the hell was I so upset, blah blah blah.

So I'm done. I handed in my resignation at Armor Games effective immediately. I'd draw some fancy "middle finger" ascii art in retaliation, but I haven't even got the energy for that, and they're all expecting me to leave...

I expect they'll try to lock me out of the site by disabling my account, which frankly they have every right to do, but hopefully they'll at least have the decency to leave my resignation note up for a while so some of you can at least see that I'm quitting.

Thankfully I have a few alternate accounts kicking around that were used for testing stuff on the site, so I may drop in from time to time just to harass the moderators enough to piss them off and ban each account one by one. Maybe giving *them* a few sleepless nights will teach them a lesson.

cormyn@cormyn.com for those that want to keep in touch.

• 218 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

This website has officially started to fall apart, with weird stuff happening all over and tons of people joining, I'd say the games part of the site is still fully operational. yet, the forums (without cormyn) are going to start being a hellish nightmare. I suspect tons of spam, trolls, problems with the site, no AG 3, and pretty much hell.

The site worked very well WITHOUT cormyn when Carlie was here. The only reason an admin watching the community is really needed is for permabanning. Other than that, the mods actually do a really really good job.
Mooooooo
Mooooooo
528 posts
Nomad

I smell end of the world.

Egypt Protests
Libyan War
Earthquake/Tsunami in Japan
Armorgames Dying....

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I'd say the games part of the site is still fully operational. yet, the forums (without cormyn) are going to start being a hellish nightmare. I suspect tons of spam, trolls, problems with the site, no AG 3, and pretty much hell.

Just the thought of that to me would make a really awesome short film. Like with trolls running around a hellish place shooting spam while the whole environment is like glitching. Woah.
John
John
345 posts
Nomad

We're having problems doing an Admin ban, either the database isn't getting written properly by the php or there's a cache issue. It should be permanent soon.

If anyone has any questions they can ask me on my profile or in the thread.

caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

i'm the caffeine guy. Ahem....

Rekoil
Rekoil
22 posts
Nomad

This is an April fools joke. Touche', ma'admins.

so if he's back tomorrow, the joke's on us and John's a liar. if he's not back tomorrow and really banned/fired/whatev, then what?

and if this was an april fools prank, wouldn't the rest of the site having something on it like the rickroll last year?
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

So he finally snapped, eh? Gotta admit I'm pleased Voidy won't have to be kicked due to a stupid vote.

*prods timezone* Cen should see this. /o/ If I can prod him awake.

Oh, also, the stickies might be my doing. Maybe. Naw, who knows.

Mooooooo
Mooooooo
528 posts
Nomad

I remember there was something similar last year before April the 1st on the threads. It was then HARDLY admitted that it was an April's Joke.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

What the hell is this. I come back from the park and helping my grandparents with something at their home and there's all these threads renamed after Moderators and I come back to this.

Hmm. Is this is a joke then it's well played.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Things to LOL about.

i'm the caffeine guy. Ahem....

I smell end of the world.

Egypt Protests
Libyan War
Earthquake/Tsunami in Japan
Armorgames Dying....

Something serious to say.

The site worked very well WITHOUT cormyn when Carlie was here.

John, you need the Carlie-Signal. Like the Carlie signal. =P

John
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the extra John. =$

And the double post.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

If Cormyn IS gone:

This website has officially started to fall apart, with weird stuff happening all over and tons of people joining, I'd say the games part of the site is still fully operational. yet, the forums (without cormyn) are going to start being a hellish nightmare. I suspect tons of spam, trolls, problems with the site, no AG 3, and pretty much hell.

DeadlyVelociraptor, perhaps it's just the fact that you haven't been on ArmorGames for very long, but ArmorGames has been successful with and without Cormyn looking after the community and whatnot, not to mention we did perfectly fine without a community manager after Carlie retired. Since we managed just fine without a "community manager" in the past, it is same to assume that we will continue to be stable.

Oh and let's not forget about the mods. It's not like they exist or anything.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

These new sticky's have taught me how to not have my asherlee threads get zophiad due to devoidlessing my cenere.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I have to say these mods are going quite the distance for their jokes. Anyone else notice the large number of stickied threads MrWalker seemed to make?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I don't know if I should share my opinion, but I no longer care.

Stay, go. Resign, get fired.

Whatever. Makes no difference to me.

Showing 46-60 of 218