ForumsNews and FeedbackReputation System Suggestion

344 96467
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

• 344 Replies
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I don't like how we get Armor Points for just posting. I like the idea of getting Armor Points for games, because a lot of people are getting them for spamming on profiles and contributing nothing to a thread.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't like how we get Armor Points for just posting. I like the idea of getting Armor Points for games, because a lot of people are getting them for spamming on profiles and contributing nothing to a thread.

Ideas and discussions about: Achievements
You'll be getting armor points for actually playing games and completing tasks in games. Reputation isn't the same as armor points, it's is simply a separate thing to keep track of how many people enjoy reading your posts and comments - sort of like YouTube's thumb up feature, but there won't be a thumb down feature at launch, or probably ever (Information from reading Cormyn's posts through this thread). I think they should just add the thumbs up feature and improve the flag so you can add specific reasons why you're flagging a post and the moderators can see them, instead of giving the ability for people to spam down things just because they don't agree with them. And people will probably come up and say that the thumbs up feature will suffer the same fate, and I agree with them, but the administrators (and probably moderators) will have the ability to regulate those if need be.
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]Ideas and discussions about: Achievements
You'll be getting armor points for actually playing games and completing tasks in games. Reputation isn't the same as armor points, it's is simply a separate thing to keep track of how many people enjoy reading your posts and comments - sort of like YouTube's thumb up feature, but there won't be a thumb down feature at launch, or probably ever (Information from reading Cormyn's posts through this thread). I think they should just add the thumbs up feature and improve the flag so you can add specific reasons why you're flagging a post and the moderators can see them, instead of giving the ability for people to spam down things just because they don't agree with them. And people will probably come up and say that the thumbs up feature will suffer the same fate, and I agree with them, but the administrators (and probably moderators) will have the ability to regulate those if need be.

nobody did said there would come achievements
its not sure yet

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

whoops i ment like this:

Ideas and discussions about: Achievements

its not sire yet that there would come achievements BUT i would like it
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Irrelevant to this thread, but they have. Read that thread I linked to.

happyjoe
happyjoe
8 posts
Nomad

well I think it could be a bad thing letting random players vote for your reputation because some people (trolls) will vote you down just to make you mad so I think it should be a moderators job to mess with you reputation but people can vote you up or down to get the moderators attention or get it out of the way so the real diamond comments can be more visible to the moderators to give then reputation points and other people so that can get a good idea of how good the game is.

codecoward
codecoward
44 posts
Shepherd

maybe you could have a player of the week/month/year based on merits/scores/armor points or something like that

JUSTnewHERE
JUSTnewHERE
33 posts
Jester

The Karma system sounds good. AG3 should do some little more 'tricks' like this one. Like if you don't go online that much, your karma will go down, and if you're a regular player, then your karma would go up. D

Dragonbe0n
Dragonbe0n
10 posts
Peasant

Begining to look a lot like newgrounds....

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

Sounds nice. Maybe good reputation would be based on your activity or posts. Maybe have like and dislike buttons, and every time somebody picks a like button, you get good reputation.

Alorex
Alorex
3 posts
Nomad

Yeah, likes seem good. I'm not so sure about a dislike button, however...

MistySmoker
MistySmoker
11 posts
Nomad

I don't think you should lose karma because you didn't enjoy a game. (Meaning you rated it low) That makes it sound like we MUST enjoy every game we play. I reserve the right NOT to enjoy a game, you know.

rikiboy639
rikiboy639
14 posts
Nomad

Maybe you could do it like it is done on the Xbox you can avoid or prefer a player and that gives his reputation

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

I think Merits should say what they're for when u hover over it, and you should get a notification on your profile when you do something that earns you "karma" (as some people have been calling it) :

Ex. "You earned 5 positive karma for posting a comment for Kingdom Rush!"

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

[quote] I don't think you should lose karma because you didn't enjoy a game. (Meaning you rated it low) That makes it seem like we MUST enjoy every game we play. I reserve the right NOT to enjoy a game, you know.

I completely agree, negative karma should be reserved for disobeying conduct.

Showing 241-255 of 344