ForumsNews and FeedbackReputation System Suggestion

344 96468
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

• 344 Replies
Naoto1994
Naoto1994
19 posts
Nomad

I agree with joe314159, whenever reputation is gained or lost, there should be notifications detailing why the points were awarded or removed. Although, not entirely on-topic, maybe a notifications tab in your profile would be nice, not only for matters like reputation. For example, one of your faced games gets an update, or all of your friend requests go in there as well.

Back to reputation, I think that a gauge, like a health bar, would represent reputation nicely if there was a defined limit like 100%, (of course, I do not know that) but if it will be like the AP system, which is boundless, a simple points system displayed on a shield or other Armor Games themed art.

I do believe that reputation should be awarded for comments regardless of the rating, it should only be fair and I do have my worries for repeated ratings from others on comments from the same person just to alter their reputation quickly. I hope there will be a countermeasure to this.

happyjoe
happyjoe
8 posts
Nomad

the idea for the notification when you get good or bad "karma" is nice but I think it should be more of a monthly or weekly report because getting a notification EVERY time you get good or bad "karma" would get annoying and would clog up you notification box or inbox. (where ever the notification go) And if you are impatient and wont to know how much good or bad "karma you got so far this week/month or other "karma" info you should have a page to to tell you all that stuff.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

the idea for the notification when you get good or bad "karma" is nice but I think it should be more of a monthly or weekly report because getting a notification EVERY time you get good or bad "karma" would get annoying and would clog up you notification box or inbox. (where ever the notification go)

They would get emailed to you. And they already give you the choice of getting a notification for comments on your profile and for merits. If you didn't want a notification for karma, I don't see why you couldn't just turn it off.
happyjoe
happyjoe
8 posts
Nomad

They would get emailed to you. And they already give you the choice of getting a notification for comments on your profile and for merits. If you didn't want a notification for karma, I don't see why you couldn't just turn it off.

I don't mind getting a notification just I don't wont one ever time a gain "karma" or every day but I would still would like to know how much I gained over the week/month.
LordBucket
LordBucket
7 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Happyjoe's right.

If they did it weekly/monthly, you wouldn't get spammed with notifications.

Doesn't really bother me, though. but it would be nice.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

how can you have a reputation?
by commenting wrong stuff?
commenting more?
rating more?
more merits?
i really don't know how you can gives a reputatio to someone!

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I'm not too fond of Reputation stuff... It might all lead to a 'opularity' contest...

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

It might all lead to a 'opularity' contest

Hopefully, people will be mature enough not to take the rep system too seriously, as some do with AP. But then again.....
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Don't worry. I skulk around and sniff out farmers when I'm bored.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Don't worry. I skulk around and sniff out farmers when I'm bored.

We shall call it... The Annual Farmer Harvest!
inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

brilliant idea!
i want to be a farmer

321Waffle
321Waffle
5 posts
Nomad

If I were a farmer, then I probably wouldn't be posting here. But it would still be cool. Little baby piglets.

simun222
simun222
4 posts
Nomad

On all AG games must have multiplayer.
I think not at all just on shooting games.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

On all AG games must have multiplayer.
I think not at all just on shooting games.

My face turned into this when I saw that. -,-

First off, not all games can support Multiplayer. Imagine trying Stellar Hunter 2 with that. Disastrous.

Or the very fact that AG would require many more servers, or that the developers have to take down 2000 games to add in a multiplayer option.
undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

what nico said is true. anyway its really hard to do that on flash

Showing 256-270 of 344