The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis world is currently....not good enough

96 14864
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Ever have one of those days where you don't want to do anything at all?

And when you start doing nothing, you don't want to be doing that either?

Yeah, today is one of those days for me. I don't really want to be here on AG, but I don't want to be anywhere else either. The only place I don't want to be is anywhere.

No, I'm not suicidal, just for the record. I'm just completely and utterly bored with absolutely everything.

Any ideas?

• 96 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Get a friend who is willing to donate an hour of his time to listen to you talk.

My friends would just get bored with listening to me talk about my life.

Or just get student therapists. They are in college and rates are crazy cheap. 16 dollars for adults and 8 for children.

Are these rates consistent, or do they differ depending on what part of the country you live in?

You can try going to hogwarts to master the arts of witchcraft and wizardry.

That would be awesome, but they only admit people who are between the ages of 11 and 17.

If you want to pass time quick, you could consider going to the gym or going for a walk.

All the gyms that I know of require memberships, and circling around my block for half an hour doesn't make me feel any better.

Scare the living **** out of yourself.

Do you have any suggestions?

Dress like a smurf and go to a concert.

Do you mean like a smurf costume, or just paint my face blue? I feel like I'd sweat too much if I were to wear a full smurf costume, and I hate having paint on my face.

Also, concerts can be pretty loud and crowded, and I often can't hear the music. I hate loud and crowded places.

read books

I have no patience for reading books. I always get bored every few sentences.

go ride a bike, or fly a kite,

I don't own a bike, and I personally find kite-flying to be overrated.

Or just grow a beard and comb it.

When I grow a beard, it makes me look really old. Maybe when I'm more interested in looking like a young Dumbledore, I'll take up that offer.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

It sounds to me like you want your life to be better, but you don't want to accept help from anybody. If you just keep turning down everybody's advice, you aren't going to make any progress.

Whatever your problems may be, do not attempt to solve them with alcohol. It may make you feel better for the moment, but in the long run, it will probably make things much worse for you.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well, I did some physical exercise today. Made me dizzy and very itchy for some reason, but I think it helped me a bit nonetheless.

Plus I almost have a 6-pack, and this time it's not beer.

It sounds to me like you want your life to be better, but you don't want to accept help from anybody.

I can't help it. I'm just so good at coming up with excuses on the spot.

Whatever your problems may be, do not attempt to solve them with alcohol. It may make you feel better for the moment, but in the long run, it will probably make things much worse for you.

Believe me, I've been there. Not something I want to go through again.
bigeye
bigeye
137 posts
Nomad

If you are still bored after 11 pages than somethings wrong.
If you have nothing better to do get a job, get one where instead of sitting thier being bored, you sit there and be bored and get payed! Than waste your money on enjoyment, eg go on holidays or join the mafia or something.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If I ever get really bored, I'll usually take a walk or something...at least it's something to do.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I hate those days but the only thing I do is sit on the couch and watch TV.

Showing 91-96 of 96