ForumsWEPRFun talk about sweet stuff candy etc. lol

56 9675
R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

I was sort of bored so i tought why not make a new topic?

• 56 Replies
R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

Did you know that candy makes you teeth rot faster? =P

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

yep, all that sugar breeds bacteria that release acids and break down enamel, quiet scary.

R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

And tooth paste is not all that good too all those chemicals in it.But well it at least protects our teeth a little

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Does this really belong in World Events? I don't see it, unless there is a deep conversation brewing about the pros/cons of toothpaste...

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

oh there is, you just wait, we are getting warmed up.

R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

Yeah after all teeth we eat with them and and if we have not eaten then we are angry,thus there wouldn't have been any toughts about world end,politics,world recourses etc.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya there is fluoride in toothpaste everyone knows that, and it protests your teeth by rebuilding enamel and preventing it from decaying. But did you know that much of the United States water supply is fluoridated? What that means is they add fluoride to our water. Why? Because in the 50s the government decided that Americans need healthy teeth and started adding it to our water. What if I don't want fluoride in my public drinking water? Well too bad, this is communist America .
Anyways, so the problem with this fluoride in your water is that 90% or so of it stays in your body. Its meant to help your teeth, but when ingested, it binds strongly to your bone tissue, making it very brittle and weak. This fluoridating can be visible in teeth. if you look at your teeth and they kinda look transparent, then you a have taken in too much fluoride.

You can look more of this up online, There was also a hefty article about this in The Scientific American Magazine a couple of months ago.

R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

Yeah and think what would my bones be like when i would turn 30???If i drank eg. 15-25 glasses of water every day?My bones would be like if i was an old grandpa,so this is actually a very important conversation.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

How is it that Fluoride strengthens your teeth (bones) but makes the rest of your bones brittle?

I'm not arguing, I'm genuinely asking.

Also, @R4in3r5, if you drank that much water a day, you would probably get sick through the process of osmosis. You'll be fine, I'm sure, drinking the recommended 8 or so. If you're very concerned, throw some milk in there too.

R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

I was just saying an eg. of course no normal human would drink that much water/per day but it would rot our bones faster.

So if i reach the age of 70 my bones would be ultra weak.
And milk yes it is good for your bones but what if that some one is lactose intolerant?

Then it is impossible to drink milk.

And then there would be an alternate way of drinking some milk which is lactose free but has other chemicals.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Soy milk has about the same amount of calcium, and is lactose free. And its super tasty!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

What about goats milk?Organic Milk and as DragonMistress brought up Soya milk.And normal milk.

1)Whats the difference?
2)Which is the best?
3)Which is worst?
4)Which is most natural?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Goat's milk still has lactose in it, it is just from a goat instead of a cow. I have never drank it, or had Goat's Milk cheese, so I have nothing to really say on that.

Organic milk is milk from an organic farm, meaning no growth hormones, etc. It is healthier for you than regular milk.

Soy milk is not milk at all, but made from whole soy beans. It is more like soy juice, but it has the consistency and similar flavour to milk.

None are 'best', it is personal preference. As for most natural, it depends on your definition of natural. Organic or Soy milk have the least processing, I believe, and have no additives. However, soy milk isnt really 'milk' so you may think that is unnatural.

R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

I know one thing that organic stuff is the worst plus some people may have some ''after effects'' it's actually hard to tell witch is good or bad cause each of them have at least a little chemicals added.

By the way how can soy milk can be tasty?

After all its just some mashed up beans with other stuff.....

godofsalt
godofsalt
49 posts
Nomad

well soy beans are tasty they can be made to taste like meat. never tasted soy milk though so i cant express on that
the difference between milk from different animal is the taste and ratio of the content inside... im havent gone through the ratio part much but the locals here can argue for months that camel milk is the best type of milk

And to answer DragonMistress's question from page 1
flouride helps to make the enamel which is the outer covering of the teeth and its not present in the bones

Showing 1-15 of 56