ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506804
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Being specifically humiliated, or being ignored when you don't want to be?

They're bad for different reasons, but my experience was a seesaw between both. Like the only time they had anything to do with me was when they wanted to pick on somebody LOL. Not even a "hi how are you today", more like "oh it's that weird annoying nerd guy, maybe I'll throw a couple of insults/physically harrass him when I feel like it".

Anyway, not a pissing contest and I think safe to say we've moved on from that era. LIKE A BOSS.

So give the real person/seperate entity an Armor Games account already

She will sign up for one if and when she wants to, and it's not my place to dictate or demand otherwise :P I'm well trained dude. And she's feisty.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Dude I live in Australia. There are few Africans, and honestly most of them are refugees who haven't yet learnt English! (If you're talking "dark" and not just black, I have to say many of the Indian girls are smoking hot, but their cultural systems generally disallow them from interracial relations anyway.)

I was kidding man! Of course I know there are not many black people there and I know you are not racist!

Lol. I have an Indian friend who is dating a white girl. Needless to say his parents do not know.
Dude that's kind of the point, that is to say, it's about how your cultural background affects your values and how you relate to people. Those from one cultural background being brought up in a country which has an entirely different culture have a pretty hard time figuring out their cultural identity. I can't speak any Asian languages (for shame) etc. but I look Asian so the only whites that would even notice I exist are eggs (yellow on the inside lol). So I generally get judged both ways, however somebody who is the same would be able to see past that.

Most of my friends are Asian... but that is what I knew you would say.
Dude it isn't so :P

Well in my mind (a place were if people went they would go insane and throw me in jail or give me the death penalty) you need to have at least some of your things together. High school dating OK. Later in high school is better to me though. You know who you are more and stuff. That is just me.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I have an Indian friend who is dating a white girl.

Ever seen Bend it Like Beckham? Quite a good representation of what that's like. I also have colleagues in similar situations... one is Muslim and going out with a Hindu. She planned to tell her parents she was a lesbian just to shock them horribly, then say "well actually no I'm not but I am dating a non-Muslim" LOL.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Besides, high school romance is 1. EXTREMELY dramatic and 2. misleading because one of the two is lying or cheating.

Nice generalizations there. My teacher has a son that dated in high school and married that girl. They are happy with a few kids now.
Ever seen Bend it Like Beckham?

No. I haven't.
She planned to tell her parents she was a lesbian just to shock them horribly, then say "well actually no I'm not but I am dating a non-Muslim" LOL.

Haha. I don't think that she would make it out alive. They would lock her in the house or something.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Nice generalizations there. My teacher has a son that dated in high school and married that girl. They are happy with a few kids now.

The highschool/college sweetheart story used to be more of the norm. Now it's rare and usually falls apart (for a good example though refer to John and Carlie). I suspect it's something to do with cultural shifts that change the way we see and focus on ourselves. Both my gf and I know for a fact that we actually might have known each other from as early as 2005 (based on the same circumstances that led her to knowing one of my best friends since then), but that it was better that we hadn't because we probably would not have been able to stand each other then!

Haha. I don't think that she would make it out alive

Chillingly, if you live in parts of South East Asia, or in the Middle East, chances are that this statement would be literally true. On occasion the cultural traditions of "honour killing" (where the family of an eloper arranges for their death by murder in order to preserve the family's honour) follows said eloper to countries where all kinds of murder are actually illegal.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

But too Asian for white girls and too white for Asian girls. That does not make sense. It should be personality. But I might know what you are saying.

We have a more traditionalist mindset. I'm not surprised tbh.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

We have a more traditionalist mindset. I'm not surprised tbh.

Well, our parents have a more traditionalist mindset. We (as in the kids who grew up in whitey country), merely grew up with said parents.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, our parents have a more traditionalist mindset. We (as in the kids who grew up in whitey country), merely grew up with said parents.

We, referring to Chinese in the non-whitey lands.
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Does anyone want to challenge "Rule 16: There are NO girls on the Internet"?

That's rule 30. Learn your internet rules before you quote them. Keep rule 16 in mind though: "If you fail in epic proportions, it may just become a winning failure."
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

How many girls are on AG that you know of? Are there any?

Yes. Shona. DWF. Moonfairy. Butt was does this have to do with relationships?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Sorry. That last sentence should read 'but what...'

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

And stormwalker.
Ha, Shovel is having trouble with his new phone.
Did you ask that girl out yet, Shovel?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Yes. Shona. DWF. Moonfairy. Butt was does this have to do with relationships?

Don't forget about Murasaki, she's a girl too you know.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm pretty sure zophia and kegaumongo are female, but I'm also pretty sure this tangent belongs on the "are there girls on AG" thread that pops up now and then...

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Ha, Shovel is having trouble with his new phone.

It isn't a new phone. It was an update on my phone. Get it right.
Did you ask that girl out yet, Shovel?

No.
Showing 1801-1815 of 2106