ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506890
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

(unless u plan to sabatoge them)

No. No, no, no. Don't do that. I'm sure you're above that delossantosj. If it is meant to happen, it will. If and when they break up, which I'm sure they will, considering this friend of yours jokes about it a lot for a while now. I doubt it will even last long. So when and if they break up, be a little bit more outgoing, give her your thoughts (Just not right away. Wait a few days, maybe a week tops.). If you were really close times before, then there's certainly a chance she has the same feelings towards you.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

put it all on the line and ask her out.

man you already know. ive done that like 6 times before with this chick
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh well I'm guessing the answer was a no? Um well then try to be more so her friend. Then when u feel the time is right, then ask her out

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Don't become a friend. Dating will become weird and if you/she breaks up u loose a friend and a girlfriend

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

and you say that from personal experience?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

A little bit yes.
We weren't good friend. But still.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I disagree.
Becoming friends is the best option, and this is from past relationships.

Out of all three serious relationships i've had, we were friends before and remained friends after.
The first was 4 years long, the second 1 year 3 months and the current is almost at a year. I still talk to the first two exs. We're not as super close as we were but we're not far off. Friendship can make or break a relationship, but if you're friends before boyfriend/girlfriend, you have the advantage of knowing what she likes, what she doesn't etc. Just don't get stuck in the friend zone.

Be friends, but make it clear that the other party is appreciated in a more than friendly way.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Just don't get stuck in the friend zone.

Easier said then done.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Just don't get stuck in the friend

That is what i said in a weird non-logical way.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Easier said then done.

I know, but it's all about that balance.
Be friendly in a get to know eachother way, not in the ultimate best friend way. Simply by being friends, you can progress the friendship to best friends after you are in a relationship, which makes the relationship work a lot better.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

the thing is the worst thing that could happen to you is that you become socially wrecked... or a un social person from not making friends.... thats the worst thing that could happen to you... you'll be lonley for the rest of your life, with no friends

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Thank u very much for ur positivity. And as I said early, start out as a friend, best way to go

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

you'll be lonley for the rest of your life, with no friends

a cat can be a friend. lots of lonely old guys have cats, and look how happy they are.
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

How on earth did this get a shiny orange pushpin anyways!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

How on earth did this get a shiny orange pushpin anyways!!

It's there to prevent tons of threads being made about individual relationship issues. Having one central discussion thread instead of a million little threads is much easier to keep track of, and it doesn't fill up the first few pages of the tavern.
Showing 376-390 of 2106