ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506797
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Also idigit, what about Prom? Are you going to skip Prom due to your anti-dating policy?

He is in 8th grade...cough....cough. He could always go later, like high school. Amazing how that is. And I only plan to go to 1 prom, my senior one.
I am saying a good choice in clothing and a quirky, excellent attitude will get you a girl.

Just wear a shirt with a collar and you look better. Just try it.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

He is in 8th grade...cough....cough. He could always go later, like high school. Amazing how that is. And I only plan to go to 1 prom, my senior one.

I know that, but he said somewhere in this thread that he wouldn't date until 10th grade.

Strange isn't it? How we are discussing his life behind his back/when he is offline.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

oh here is an insight on my wardrobe.

i dress pretty maturely for my age.

polos or button downs 80% of the time. the other 20% it is a shirt from my favorite band(you would now that to be van halen if you dabble in the popular media forum.)

i wear plaid shorts and a matching color spectrum solid polo almost everyday.

grey/blue plaid shorts, solid blue polo.

orange/red plaid, red or orange solid polo

green plaid, white or green polo

blue/white plaid, blue solid polo.

i love to dress up to go to a show.(remember, Las Vegas)(and if you live in Las Vegas, the Smith Center is my favorite place to go after the library, and the physics museum)

or

grey/blue plaid shorts, 2012 Van Halen blue concert shirt

blue/white plaid, black 2007 Van Halen concert shirt.

etc. etc.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

If you dont want girls go buy some nice sesemy street sweaters. Best advice I have

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

oh here is an insight on my wardrobe.
i dress pretty maturely for my age.
polos or button downs 80% of the time. the other 20% it is a shirt from my favorite band(you would now that to be van halen if you dabble in the popular media forum.)
i wear plaid shorts and a matching color spectrum solid polo almost everyday.
grey/blue plaid shorts, solid blue polo.
orange/red plaid, red or orange solid polo
green plaid, white or green polo
blue/white plaid, blue solid polo.
i love to dress up to go to a show.(remember, Las Vegas)(and if you live in Las Vegas, the Smith Center is my favorite place to go after the library, and the physics museum)
or
grey/blue plaid shorts, 2012 Van Halen blue concert shirt
blue/white plaid, black 2007 Van Halen concert shirt.
etc. etc.

Is that your whole wardrobe? Or are you listing your favorites? So you are saying you wear basically the same thing every single day and girls dig that? Well at my school, girls dig most guys who were designer crap. Everything has to be designer. I feel poor among them, seriously. One kid got the Gucci, the other got the Hollister, and things like that. Im still stuck with clothes I wore 1 year to 2 years ago if they fit. I don't get clothes every day like they do...But Im following your advice becoming an adult sooner or later Im going to have to buy some nice clothes. So Im going for the adult/young adult look. Polo, Nautica, Calvin, and things like that with the occasional band/artist shirt.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've talked to a few people on here about my relationship drama, with random updates as it rarely goes away. Today i'm here to say - it has went away ;o and offer some advice.

So to the users who were involved in my American relationship from the start - this is about that. To the users who are going to bother reading this for god knows what reason that weren't here for it: Basically i met an American, fell in love, moved to america to be with her, we broke up, i moved back to ireland, we got talking again a year later and were going to make a go of things until i found out she [PG13] "kissed" a whole bunch of people in our bed :].

Update: Well we stopped talking after this revelation came to head. I didn't go to America, i moved to Indonesia in the end. The girl broke my heart and i thought i was doomed for life, her being my fiance etc. At 21 i've learned that girls have the power to break you clean in two. [Not me though, i'm too nice to break anyone :P]. But you have the ability to heal yourself.

After a while of moping, i realized that love is a feeling, not a person. I was attached to the love i felt when i was with her when i lived in America. I'm finally over her and we're on talking terms again. Does that mean i'll fall for her again? No. I know this time i won't. I've met someone new and amazing who i hope i can work things out with.

So for everyone thinking you'll never get over someone - you will, it just takes a hell of a long time sometimes.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

After a while of moping, i realized that love is a feeling, not a person. I was attached to the love i felt when i was with her when i lived in America. I'm finally over her and we're on talking terms again. Does that mean i'll fall for her again? No. I know this time i won't. I've met someone new and amazing who i hope i can work things out with.
So for everyone thinking you'll never get over someone - you will, it just takes a hell of a long time sometimes.

Wow that's really good advice. If she tries to sweet-talk you back to her don't do it. You wasted a lot of money on her-moving to America/coming back-and she cheated on you. :P
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Wow that's really good advice. If she tries to sweet-talk you back to her don't do it. You wasted a lot of money on her-moving to America/coming back-and she cheated on you. :P

I won't be making the same mistake for about the fifth time ;].
I've genuinely moved on, which is the best release possible.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Is that your whole wardrobe?

yeah it pretty much is.

i have a few button downs i didnt mention.

and the occasional shirt from Band Camp(we all know what happened there)
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The "You're dead to me" line can get you revenge, if that's what you are after. I believe wholeheartedly in tit-for-tat.
But 21 is a bit young to heap the troubles of love and affection upon one's self. Most people haven't yet worked out the intricacies come age 80.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The "You're dead to me" line can get you revenge, if that's what you are after. I believe wholeheartedly in tit-for-tat.

Nah, no revenge. I'm genuinely over it, so all bitterness has left.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Good then. If it's forgotten, no need to crush her hopes and dreams to dust.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

i realized that love is a feeling

So that song has been lying to me all along?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Good then. If it's forgotten, no need to crush her hopes and dreams to dust.

For now ;]

So that song has been lying to me all along?

Aha, i always believed it was the person.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

well i havent been to archery in a while

im not sad because i havent seen the girl, i just want to shoot

nothing from the girl from band camp. i waited in the set up area(she put her stuff next to mine) for her to come so that i could get her email or something, but she never came.

so two swings and two misses(not that i am looking for a relationship)
at least until school starts(i might see her at other saxophone clinics or competitions) or when i go back to archery(she'll always be there, her dad runs the place)

so you wont be hearing from me unless i am helping one of you guys, or ANOTHER girl falls heads over heels for me.(hopefully not)

oh btw something that bugs me about when people read or say my username.

its pronounced i dig it. not i digit. it refers to geology(the study of earth and rocks) and archaeology(the study of dead mummies, ancient pots, and the life of the ancients)

you get it, digging. iDIGit

Showing 1156-1170 of 2106