ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506796
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

hey, idigit, no offense, but this isn't a place for you to update us all with your life. it's for actual relationship problems. if something happens we would love to know and help, but we don't need to know if something doesn't happen

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I've talked to a few people on here about my relationship drama, with random updates as it rarely goes away. Today i'm here to say - it has went away ;o and offer some advice.

So to the users who were involved in my American relationship from the start - this is about that. To the users who are going to bother reading this for god knows what reason that weren't here for it: Basically i met an American, fell in love, moved to america to be with her, we broke up, i moved back to ireland, we got talking again a year later and were going to make a go of things until i found out she [PG13] "kissed" a whole bunch of people in our bed :].

Update: Well we stopped talking after this revelation came to head. I didn't go to America, i moved to Indonesia in the end. The girl broke my heart and i thought i was doomed for life, her being my fiance etc. At 21 i've learned that girls have the power to break you clean in two. [Not me though, i'm too nice to break anyone :P]. But you have the ability to heal yourself.

After a while of moping, i realized that love is a feeling, not a person. I was attached to the love i felt when i was with her when i lived in America. I'm finally over her and we're on talking terms again. Does that mean i'll fall for her again? No. I know this time i won't. I've met someone new and amazing who i hope i can work things out with.

So for everyone thinking you'll never get over someone - you will, it just takes a hell of a long time sometimes.

that was just an update. no questions. just an update on the girl he was dating. just like i did.(but it was about two girls who had a crush on me. same difference) and about my wardrobe posts, they asked how i dressed and how i got three girls to ask me out in 4 months when i was NOT even looking for a girl.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

how i got three girls to ask me out in 4 months when i was NOT even looking for a girl.

I really don`t want to help you anymore.
Dont take it personally, im just jelly. Your getting asked out a crap load and not doing anything. Strange from my point of view.
So tragically school will be starting soon
So their will be some fresh meat for a few weeks. My question is how do you suppose I make the most of this...
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

how i got three girls to ask me out in 4 months when i was NOT even looking for a girl.

If that is bragging, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin'.

Carry on.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

really don`t want to help you anymore.
Dont take it personally, im just jelly. Your getting asked out a crap load and not doing anything. Strange from my point of view.
So tragically school will be starting soon
So their will be some fresh meat for a few weeks. My question is how do you suppose I make the most of this...

Pickpocket, wanna go out with me?

If that is bragging, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin'.

Carry on.

I just asked pickpocket out. Not braggin...

JUST SAYIN'
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Sorry. It came out as bragging. Didnt mean it to.

I am annoyed by it actually. Not bragging. Just annoyance.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

that was just an update. no questions.

Again, this isn't a place for you to just post on how your life is going...this is for real problems, not lack of problems.

Try dressing nicer for school. girls enjoy it when you actually put effort into your appearance. Also, just don't try. You don't need any girl that doesn't like you for who you are.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I just asked pickpocket out. Not braggin...

You know...I'll be in the friendzone if you need me...

I am annoyed by it actually. Not bragging. Just annoyance.

Are you bragging here too?

{...} just an update on the girl he was dating.

Update on the girl he was dating...
Oh no...what has he done?!?!?!?!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Try dressing nicer for school. girls enjoy it when you actually put effort into your appearance. Also, just don't try. You don't need any girl that doesn't like you for who you are.

Yeah your right. What happens, happens. That reminds me, we get uniforms now. Button down shirts, ties, fancy pants, the whole enchilada. Except for shoes. Apparently they will let me where my high top b-ball shoes. My school is weird. How did I get on this subject again? Oh yeah, looking good. Well I mean its not too difficult....
Pickpocket, wanna go out with me?

*giggles*
{...} just an update on the girl he was dating.

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what-have-you-done-meme-rage-face.jpg
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

You-What-Have-You-Done-Meme-Rage-Face.jpg

Run you fools! Get aways from this thread as soon as possible!
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Away*
I couldn't help, but noticing that we are missing the whole point of this thread...
Anyways, does anyone have anything relationship-related to talk about?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

You know i totally missed this:

[quote]that was just an update. no questions. just an update on the girl he was dating. just like i did.(but it was about two girls who had a crush on me. same difference) and about my wardrobe posts, they asked how i dressed and how i got three girls to ask me out in 4 months when i was NOT even looking for a girl.

1. I'm a girl. Not a he :]
2. I was engaged.
3. The past two years the active posted here have helped me with this.

[/quote]Anyways, does anyone have anything relationship-related to talk about?[quote]

Well, although i'm essentially drama free, i am attempting another long-distance. My past two have been long distance since i travel so much. Worth it again?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Worth it again?

You failed at your quoting for one.

But to answer your question yes. The worst that would happen is that it doesn't work out and you get over it. If you don't do it you will regret wondering if it would have worked out.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Darn, i really did fail, but you catch the drift.

But to answer your question yes. The worst that would happen is that it doesn't work out and you get over it. If you don't do it you will regret wondering if it would have worked out.

Aye, well i'm back in Ireland in two months or so, so i want to give it a shot (She lives in England) but i can't expect her to commit Ireland - Indonesia.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

You failed at your quoting for one.

Your quoting was epic...if I should say so myself.

Aye, well i'm back in Ireland in two months or so, so i want to give it a shot (She lives in England) but i can't expect her to commit Ireland - Indonesia.

How about like meeting halfway? Somewhere that's conveniant for her and you?
Showing 1171-1185 of 2106