ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506792
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

You tell your parents that you are thinking of breaking up with the girl.

Since lying is ALWAYS the best option.

Total sarcasm if you didn't figure that out.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Since lying is ALWAYS the best option.

Well...
If you think about it...what's the point of having a relationship, when it doesn't look like it is a relationship? So you can honestly say that since your relationship is going nowhere?
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

If you think about it...what's the point of having a relationship, when it doesn't look like it is a relationship? So you can honestly say that since your relationship is going nowhere?

lol guys, the "blowup" was nothing more than an advanced version of "the talk" and hormones >.< sorry to cause this massive panic. pickpocket, for the future, do not draw up any plans for me which involve lying my *** off :P
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

lol guys, the "blowup" was nothing more than an advanced version of "the talk" and hormones >.< sorry to cause this massive panic. pickpocket, for the future, do not draw up any plans for me which involve lying my *** off :P

So you still have the problem?
I think we gave you all the options possible...
The only thing you can do now is wait it out...until college or something?
Or pick an option besides waiting.

Unless there is way to create a Happy Ending for you two?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well it's not a total lie is it? I mean, you where asking us I you should stay together.
So you shoul say "thanks pickpocket" to which I reply with "your welcome".
Done.

Unless there is way to create a Happy Ending for you two?

Running away is still out their. Yes? No? No? Ok.....
This sounds a lot like Romeo and Juliet. Don't kill yourself, check for a pulse first ok zak? Just do me that one favor.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Well, I have a relationship issue...just not with my girl. It's with my parents. I have a feeling a huge blowup is right around the corner with them, most likely over my girlfriend. How can I conduct myself in a manner which a) won't get me in massive trouble, b) not have them force me to break up with her, and c) for me to get my way for the most part (I want to see her on Sunday).

I had a relationship problem like this a few years back. I was dating a girl [That was the problem, ha] and she was two years younger than me, which obviously makes me a predator. [Sarcasm]. Point of the story - Our parents hated eachother and pretty much asked us to break up at every opportunity. I tried three things. So advice:

1. When things kicked off and her parents were fighting with my parents and causing conflict with everyone, we decided to fake break up to keep them happy. We'd meet up in secret and stayed together.
Win? No. Couples need alone time. I know this is PG13 site and i guess it depends on your age but mainly if your sexually active. It's not nice to have to be intimate in a hidden but public place. The sexiness of sneaking around and taking risks wears off fairly quick when all you want to do is curl up in bed and have a cuddle. I don't recommend this - it can lead to fights between you and your girl and fights when your parents find out. And they will.

2. We split up. Temporarily of course but i didn't know it was temporary at the time, and this pretty much sucked. Sure, our parents were happy but we weren't. It's our relationship - our happiness should be priority. I think it's differe sure if you're dating like a heroin addict, but if it's a petty hate for a petty reason, your parents shouldn't have control.

3. We ignored our parents. We got back together and hung out. Sometimes this would cause arguments sure, but i think it takes being mature and showing both parents that yous care enough about eachother to make it work despite their feelings. I don't mean throw it in their face but if you sit them down, explain things rationally, then what can they do? Sure, you'll have your restrictions, but i think the more you talk about it and show your happiness with this girl, the more they'll kind of accept it. It's a working progress - parents are overprotective and slightly controlling but remember ! In their heads, they're doing what they think is right because they care about you. There's no point in lying or pushing your relationship with your parents to straining point. Just chill, go with it, talk to them and see what's up.

[Side note: Me and her ended up staying together for four years, so it aint so bad]
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Also, another factor might be that I'm the oldest child. AKA the Guinea pig

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yeah, that can always hinder things.
Just hold on !

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Also, another factor might be that I'm the oldest child. AKA the Guinea pig

I know how you feel. I'm the oldest too. -.-

Anyways, the only advice everyone's giving you is to wait it out..everyone except Pickpocket...
He's still trying to tell you to go save the princess who is in the castle guarded by a turtle-like species that are called Koopas. He's the King of them! You can't stop giving up! You gotta keep saving her even when you know He Who Must Not Be Named, you know the King of the Koopas will keep kidnapping her! So you just gotta get your shrooms and squeeze into that pipe and get her back!

I believe that is what Pickpocket is going with his idea...
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I know how you feel. I'm the oldest too. -.-

ditto
I believe that is what Pickpocket is going with his idea...

True art has many interpretations.
And C`mon, you know me. Im not boring enough to give the same advice as everyone.
drose31
drose31
36 posts
Nomad

i have this girl that i like and i have a crush she likes but... i dont if she likes me as a boyfriend becuz were are friends so.. go to my page and please reply soon

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

i have this girl that i like and i have a crush she likes but... i dont if she likes me as a boyfriend becuz were are friends so.. go to my page and please reply soon

Someone help me out...? You have a crush she likes? As in you have a crush on her and you don't know if she likes you back.
If that's correct listen to the advice below and if not specify please with complete details:
So I'm guessing you guys are friends the very least for a month or so? Well if so then you probably notice some things about her. Like the way she talks to you. Does she talk like that to other guys? Does she look at you strangely? Is she nice to you? Does she laugh at your jokes? Even the lame ones? Does she smile when she sees you? Does she like to be seen with you? All of these could be signs she likes you.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yep drose, how long have you known her?

Have yous ever talked about being more than friends?

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Yep drose, how long have you known her?

Have yous ever talked about being more than friends?

Wait a second...he said go to his page to reply to him? Ummm...should we? Or should we just tell him to come back to the thread?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Wait a second...he said go to his page to reply to him? Ummm...should we? Or should we just tell him to come back to the thread?

I posted on his page saying that people were posting here so he should look on the thread. So if he comes back great, if he doesn't it is his loss.
Showing 1201-1215 of 2106