ForumsThe Tavern[nec] the most deadly weapon of all time.

112 24371
raptor700
raptor700
70 posts
Nomad

what do u think it is?

• 112 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Religions not evil unless you count the inquisition, and they are not too powerful.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1F7y7lSDn78/TRJitOo_VzI/AAAAAAAAAjY/g3sxc1Jq25E/s1600/meh.ro5707-455x364.jpg

Seriously people, if you are going to make a statement at least TRY to keep it in the realm of reality...
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

http://www.autobots.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/death-star-transformer.jpg
Behold the terror of Darth Vader with the ability to turn into a Death Star.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Seriously people, if you are going to make a statement at least TRY to keep it in the realm of reality...

How is "Religions not evil unless you count the inquisition, and they are not too powerful." not in the realm of reality?
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I'd have to go with words.

Think of Hitler. He killed thousands of people with the great help of his words and propaganda.

So there you have it.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

How is "Religions not evil unless you count the inquisition, and they are not too powerful." not in the realm of reality?

Ignoring the Monty Python reference in this article I really think you should read up on the inquisition...

Seriously though, considering the evil acts of the inquisition and the inquisitors, they were a force to be reckoned with back in the day. Also, think about modern day terrorists and radicalists, they act the way they do over religious reasons.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Ignoring the Monty Python reference in this article I really think you should read up on the inquisition...

Umm... Actually I think that quip was from Mel Brooks' "A History of the World: Part I", not Monty Python. But I could be mistaken...
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Umm... Actually I think that quip was from Mel Brooks' "A History of the World: Part I", not Monty Python. But I could be mistaken...

I was referring to the 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition' part at the end, sorry, I should have specified that.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I was referring to the 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition' part at the end, sorry, I should have specified that.

Oh, lawl. I gotcha. I was so enthralled by the introductory lyrics from the Mel Brooks tune that I forgot to keep reading.

(The song instantly got stuck in my head and it became impossible to think of anything except that wonderful scene from the movie)
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

Think of Hitler. He killed thousands of people with the great help of his words and propaganda.

And gas chambers.
The most deadliest weapon would have to be the flamethrower. So deadly that they made it against the rules in war. Which is sort of ironic, rules in war.
sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

i think words are the strongest weapons that anyone (in power) can weild. other than that i would say a predator missle. or a jet

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Oh, I'd also like to add something, before people say that 'religion wasn't created as a weapon'. That may be true, indeed it probably is true, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a weapon. Take a brick, for example, it's 'true' use is for building things but put in the right hands it becomes a weapon for bludgeoning people with (I'm not sure how putting a half-brick in ones sock and hitting someone around the head fits into this metaphor so I'll just leave that part out).

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Oh, I'd also like to add something, before people say that 'religion wasn't created as a weapon'. That may be true, indeed it probably is true, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a weapon.

That is correct.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

I'm surprised no one has said my penis... but I'd say the black hole.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Poison gas, mustard gas, Phosgene, hydrogen Cyanide that kind that was used in WW1 nasty stuff since some was engineered to smell good, so someone will take a big whiff and BAM hydrochloric acid in your lungs

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

mustard gas

My history teacher was teaching us about WWI weapons the other week, which is mainly why I brought up the flamethrower. Mustard gas had some terrible, terrible effects. X_X
Showing 31-45 of 112