The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow would you feel if you got banned from AG suddenly?

131 16817
SM87
SM87
11 posts
Shepherd

I would feel pretty upset, but then I would get over it. I could still play the games.

• 131 Replies
iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

I agree,sometimes mods can take their job to seriously.At the same time though they are just doing their job.A mod can do his job,but at the same time it would be nice for them to show some humor.There's a tip to the mods.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

You know what I wouldnt care because deep down I know I deserved it no matter what. lol

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I agree,sometimes mods can take their job to seriously.At the same time though they are just doing their job.A mod can do his job,but at the same time it would be nice for them to show some humor.There's a tip to the mods.

Says a user who has no idea what it is really like. You can only be nice for so long. We (mods) are practically doormats at times. We handle loads of complaints, people being rude, lots of users complaining that their ban was unfair, when in reality they just are mad they got caught.

When we are nice, we get walked on.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

The subject line is pretty misleading ... you don't get suddenly banned from AG, unless you've seriously broken our Terms and Conditions.

The moderators and myself generally give at least a warning before handing out a temporary ban, although depending on the offense, our warning may be followed with a permanent ban if the user doesn't heed our warning.

I've done very, very few IP bans. The worst offender was a group of kids at a school who kept breaking rules, get banned, create new accounts, get banned, and then I had to try to explain to several other users why they could no longer visit AG at school...

Justin will perma-ban people when browsing the flagged comments if he sees the user spams a lot or uses excessive swearing, etc. And he'll do so without any warning whatsoever. He's under direct orders from Dan to do that. But again, it's because you've broken our site rules.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Says a user who has no idea what it is really like. You can only be nice for so long. We (mods) are practically doormats at times. We handle loads of complaints, people being rude, lots of users complaining that their ban was unfair, when in reality they just are mad they got caught.

Thats what I was trying to say that mods are just doing their job.I mean you guys give a lot to the website and they dont get paid.In my past post I wasn't trying to say is mods may seem annoying but a lot of times if they weren't they could be a slacker.I'm not calling non-annoying mods slackers though.
boom12n
boom12n
26 posts
Nomad

I'd probably make another account and start from scratch

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

look at my thread in polotics

....why?

I'd probably make another account and start from scratch

That is quite illegal. You are banned, you're banned. You can't make another one or you could be in bigger trouble. :P
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Dispite that tacky, many people who have been banned have made another account. For example, my friend liutenut was permad, and he made an account called stropanswerthisplz.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I would want to know why and then feel sad and I would never do it again.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i probably couldn't survive w/o AG, unless i could play the games...

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

I thought i got banned today because it said my username and password didnt add up. i was like woahhh, what did i do? then i saw that i had caps lock on. lol

tool1996
tool1996
71 posts
Peasant

I think I would be pretty mad but if i still could play the games i wouldn't mind however if i get a beta request I cant test the BETA anymore.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

I would be really mad I mean for what.

urstupid404
urstupid404
196 posts
Nomad

i think it would be good for my soul if i was banned for a couple days..........

ShonaFurey
ShonaFurey
67 posts
Nomad

I doubt we'd get banned for doing nothing so i guess one would need to ask why they were banned and abstain from making further mistakes.

Or not be so addicted to the computer

Showing 91-105 of 131