The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFashion faux pas

82 13091
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Curiosity has got me today.

Do you guys know to not wear a brown belt with black shoes (also vice versa)?

P.S. Hipsters are excluded.

• 82 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

A very sound warning, Ash. Now I will never wear a brown belt with black shoes and all that.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

wow, girls actually say that ? i knew they notice but, im with Dragon on this never again......

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Wearing a brown belt with black shoes.
Wearing a black belt with brown shoes.[quote]

i cant see whats wrong with these...

Socks with sandals.

its not that bad when i look at it but i dont understand the logic... for me its like wearing short pants and a coat...

Fanny packs.

not sure what these are XD

Tight clothing on larger people

i have to agree with this one. but i have to say it might look good on SOME people. also i dont think its that connected to fashion. i think a large person should understand he shouldnt go with tight clothing.

Your love life could be at risk from the above list.[quote]

OMG?????? thats totally overeacting... i mean... if you wear one of those then what??? you wont attract shallow people? also if a girl would breakup with someone because of something like that she is wrong and well... shallow. i mean... to end a relationship because of clothes???? wow i just cant explain all of my thought about that sentence...
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

All I have to say is first impression, last impression.

If you are unkept, mismatched, etc. it directly reflects on you. Whether you like it or not, the majority of society works this way. If you look silly, you are not going to get much respect, and you sure as heck are not going to snag a girl.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

1. Wearing a brown belt with black shoes.

I never notice belts on men unless they tuck their shirt in. I usually notice belts on girls because most girls at my school wear shirts that fit them, rather than larger shirts, but their belts always match their outfit. But I see the color difference between brown and black and they don't look good together.
2. Wearing a black belt with brown shoes.

Same as above.
3. Socks with sandals.

Never saw a point in that, I thought sandals were for people that don't want to wear shoes, they want to feel more comfortable and socks tend to not do that with sandals.
I don't wear socks with sandals.
4. Fanny packs.

I've never used one. And I don't like them either. Women usually carry purses or handbags with them, so I've never seen a lady wear one. I've seen some men wear one before, but I think that you could carry the essentials in your pockets which makes the fanny pack useless.
5. Tight clothing on larger people.

If they have it under their normal clothing. If larger people wear tight clothing under a regular sized shirt for them then it makes them look a tad slimmer. But if they don't do that and just wear the tight shirt then it doesn't look well.

What I normally wear is just a white t-shirt with jean pants or jean shorts. Sometimes I'll wear a polo with jeans or dress pants. If I'm going to have fun somewhere and I know that I might get dirty/sweaty or something else then I'll put on some basketball shorts with a t-shirt.
I like to wear clothing that matches and look good together.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Matrix, I thought you were Knight for a second.

Which is strange, considering he hasn't used that armatar in a while...

Anyway, I had absolutely no sense of fashion until the 7th grade, which was last year. I wore anything and everything (that was appropriate for school), and I didn't notice and didn't care what people thought about it.

But now, I pay more attention to what I wear. Nowadays, I always wear jeans, and sometimes jean shorts. I used to wear a hat all the time, but I ditched the hat look midway through 7th grade. I usually wear T-shirts, and they're usually black, gray, or blue.

Why? Because I think it looks pretty good. :P

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I don't usually wear black shoes, so I don't typically think about it. But, I probably wouldn't anyway.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Oh, I left out what type of shoes that I wear.

Well, I normally only purchase Nike Air Force 1 shoes. Usually white.
http://www.royalsneakers.com/images/72030Nike%20Air%20Force%201%20Low%20all%20white.jpg
I have a lot of those, I have them in white, black, blue/white, green/white, black/white and some others.

If I'm going to something like a wedding them I'll wear a polo or dress shirt with dress pants and black dress shoes. Not very comfortable for me, but it's appropriate attire.

PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

If you are unkept, mismatched, etc. it directly reflects on you. Whether you like it or not, the majority of society works this way. If you look silly, you are not going to get much respect, and you sure as heck are not going to snag a girl.

Shallow... Wow! I would much rather be myself and get a girl that likes me for me... Not a girl that's going to think I'm stupid for wearing a brown belt with black shoes. Jesus christ, I would not date you if you were the hottest girl on the planet. And I do match, but I really don't care if I don't match. My shows always match my jacket and I usually have a black shirt with jeans. But you are just... wow....

And besides, who wants to conform to society anyway? That makes you another sheep.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Shallow... Wow! I would much rather be myself and get a girl that likes me for me...

if i saw someone that looked unkept and messy... i wouldnt want to talk to them... it isnt a shallow thing to do
TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Is not wearing a shirt in public if youre a guy considered a fashion faux pas?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Knight, I may need you to back me up on this black belt/brown shoes issue.

Wha? Please don't make me do anything.. I was convinced into caring about my appearance by some females a long time ago.

Belts should match shoes... for some reason.

She will pay attention to your unmatched, huge fashion faux pas and laugh at you with her friends. Let me give a great example.

Yes.

i have to agree with this one. but i have to say it might look good on SOME people. also i dont think its that connected to fashion. i think a large person should understand he shouldnt go with tight clothing.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41801_2248345635_2012_n.jpg

Second thing I found on Google for "tight clothing on fat people".

wow, girls actually say that ? i knew they notice but, im with Dragon on this never again....

Hey, I comment on people too!

Well, I normally only purchase Nike Air Force 1 shoes. Usually white.

I don't find it comforting to exclusively wear sneakers. Ah, I wish I had more money.

Mentions of clothing usually drive me to long for more money, sadly.
PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

if i saw someone that looked unkept and messy... i wouldnt want to talk to them... it isnt a shallow thing to do

Well I am glad these people avoid me and my friends then. That's called judging.

Never read a book by it's cover anyone?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'll refrain from posting another image, to remain in good taste.

I prefer that my partner won't crush me under her weight.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Shallow... Wow! I would much rather be myself and get a girl that likes me for me... etc. etc.

I hate to break it to you, but you are trying way too hard. You don't have to embrace human nature, but denying it is counterproductive. After all, you have a body, most people have eyes, therefore your appearance just so happens to be a part of you whether you like it or not. What you do with this fact, thereafter, is up to you.

Fashion faux pas = anything that allows people to very clearly see the outline of your junk in public at any given time:

http://files.myopera.com/Mathilda/albums/69442/5Men%20shouldn%27t%20wear%20tight%20pants.jpg

Even though I technically don't have to censor this, I want to anyway!
Showing 16-30 of 82