The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFashion faux pas

82 13094
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Curiosity has got me today.

Do you guys know to not wear a brown belt with black shoes (also vice versa)?

P.S. Hipsters are excluded.

• 82 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Shallow... Wow! I would much rather be myself and get a girl that likes me for me... Not a girl that's going to think I'm stupid for wearing a brown belt with black shoes. Jesus christ, I would not date you if you were the hottest girl on the planet. And I do match, but I really don't care if I don't match. My shows always match my jacket and I usually have a black shirt with jeans. But you are just... wow....

And besides, who wants to conform to society anyway? That makes you another sheep.

1. Please see Strop's post. He has explained it in another way from me. Your outward appearance matters in this world. It is how humans work. Like he said, we have eyes.

2. You and I would never date for a major reason.
PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

That's fine I am in love with a beautiful girl already

Me: "Oh, yea I saw that mess."

Shallow. Not to stroke my own **** but I am attractive. I also prefer the "weirdos."

Besides in my opinion "trying too hard" is people who go to dressing extremes.
I still fail to see the disaster in black shoes and brown belt.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

It is how humans work

not all humans work that way. sure you wouldnt want someone to be that messy but the colours of his clothes???? thats too much. there is a great difference between someone who never brushes his hair or anything like that and someone who wear unmatching colours. i think it can be interesting and i would actually be more interested in someone who is unique. someone who dresses in a way like that would get my attention and im not shallow enough to judge him just like that.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Besides in my opinion "trying too hard" is people who go to dressing extremes.

Happens at my school all the time - people are insecure about what they look like.

Just put on something that matches well, makes you look good, it comfortable and go along with it. No need to go to an extreme about fashion.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I still fail to see the disaster in black shoes and brown belt.

That shows that you aren't a metrosexual.

And besides, who wants to conform to society anyway? That makes you another sheep.

Being a hermit is the best way of escaping the stranglehold that conformance has on us.

Maybe.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Is not wearing a shirt in public if youre a guy considered a fashion faux pas?

If you think rednecks are fashionable, then it's perfectly acceptable.

2. You and I would never date for a major reason.

Because you turned into a guy all of a sudden? I'll tell you what I think, I've never seen a cross-dresser and thought about how jealous I was of their sense of fashion.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

there's only 1 fashion faux pas that I actually acree with and abide by. Never EVER wear socks with sandles.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Ernie, that is very offensive to me. I am both a redneck and walk around without a shirt or shoes. This is Louisiana, it is ****ing hot here. I'd like to see you stand around in 98* weather with 87% humidity wearing a full set of clothes. Fashion has its limits and that is no reason to insult my culture.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ernie's just joking.. as he usually is.

I'd like to see you stand around in 98* weather with 87% humidity wearing a full set of clothes.

I remember the time I spent in the Philippines. It was a pain at first, but I got used to the climate.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I remember the time I spent in the Philippines. It was a pain at first, but I got used to the climate.

Hey, I've gone there too! It's a totally different kind of heat than the kind I'm used to here. It's real humid.

I'm going back there this summer, actually.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'm going back there this summer, actually.

I lived there for nearly five years. I'll probably be going back when I have the money.. which won't be soon.

It's real humid.

That's tropical heat for you.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Q, you thought I was serious.......? I was just making a point in saying that. Take out everything I said about Ernie being antiredneck and you'll get what I was really saying, fashion has its limitations.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Lol, it's Knight not Kyouzou.

Ernie, that is very offensive to me. I am both a redneck and walk around without a shirt or shoes. This is Louisiana, it is ****ing hot here.

By the way, fashion does have it's limits.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I'm on an iPod and it stopped typing for a second, sorry.
If you didn't believe that, STOP CHANGING YOUR ARMATAR EVERY OTHER DAY! It kind of makes me fail.......

When I do where a full set, it's almost always a green tshirt, a pair of jeans and a dusty pair of black shoes. If I am wearing a belt, it is black.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

If you didn't believe that, STOP CHANGING YOUR ARMATAR EVERY OTHER DAY! It kind of makes me fail.......

Oh come on, don't exaggerate. I don't change my armatar every other day.

I've been using this for a week now. I'll change back next week.
Showing 31-45 of 82