The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernAbout: pirates and ninja

54 7232
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

The thing is, ninja's have been around since ages ago but kids wouldn't know about them till they are around 13 because some ninja manga's are kinda rude whereas pirates are new but its ok for children to know about them because Disney mussed up their image.

so....who's the best?

• 54 Replies
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Are you guys insane?? Pirates would win, Ninjas suck!
*looks at username*
._.

ColbyJak
ColbyJak
14 posts
Nomad

I don't look at it like, "Who can beat up who" but more as what lifestyle appeals most to each person.

Do you prefer reserved, quiet, calm, in control, reclusive, secretive, etc.? Ninja

Do you prefer roudy, loud, love to drink, work well with others, love booty, etc.? Pirate

Granted, I know a ninja would **** a pirate, but I just love the lifestyle of pirates way more. I rack disciprine. x)

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

To be honest, I'd hate to spend months on a crappy ship with a bunch of other guys, especially since there was no hygiene, real entertainment aside from drinking, nor really any privacy for anyone but the captain on those ships. Pirates didn't just drink and fight, they probably spent a lot more time actually sailing, which is hard work, and a lot of it. Granted, much of that time spent sailing was likely spent drinking as well, but regardless, for them to be able to actually do that, I think they must've had a crapload of discipline.

So the next time you say a pirate's life would be "fun", just imagine sailing in a wooden pirate ship with a bunch of drunk outlaws, no baths, no entertainment, nothing to look at but water and a bunch of bearded creeps, and more importantly, very, very limited space for a pretty big crew. Pirates' lives were hard freaking work. Probably why they were so violent and nasty when they robbed people, it's the only thing they did except work.

ColbyJak
ColbyJak
14 posts
Nomad

@iMogwai

Granted, every profession whether legit or not requires some form of discipline. But to lighten your image of their lifestyle, pirates had it much easier than you think. I think that's why they were pirates. Sailing is easy, if you've ever done it, especially with a size of crew they had. Yes, they drank a lot. They also spent a lot of time on shore leave. And the reason they were so "violent and nasty" was for rep. Black beard is the pirate, I think, who would wear wick's in his hair and beard then light them during battles to make his head smoke. For fear.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

my armatar says it all. i just hope it isn't a woman

What's wrong with woman?
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Sailing is easy, if you've ever done it, especially with a size of crew they had.

That doesn't change the fact that they spent most of their lives on crowded ships, with no hygiene, and with very limited area to move around on. Spending so much time on a ship must've been so freaking repetitive and kind of claustrophobic. Even if they didn't spend all day working, just being on that boat for so long sounds like torture to me.

But hey, maybe that's just the landlubber in me talking.
ColbyJak
ColbyJak
14 posts
Nomad

I agree, living like that would be rough! But I would love the feeling of isolation, being dependent of a crew and vice versa, and sense of adventure! And the occasional shore leave for some booty

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

the thing about ninja's is that they can go like phwoom! with a rasengan or chidori. pirates have guns though and ninja's can easily avoid bullets because they are so fast. and swords won't ever help a pirate unless the sword is poisoned, something only a ninja would do.

shojen123
shojen123
1,290 posts
Nomad

ninjas beat pirates any day its a proven fact the only thing that beats ninjas is nuke or chuck norris

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

honestly, ninjas. Better at moves, fast, good with bolistic knives. Pirates in my opinion go on ships and say "ARG!"

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

ninjas beat pirates any day

Click on the link I posted a page or two back with the results from Deadliest Warrior - the pirate won.
Pirates in my opinion go on ships and say "ARG!"

They have guns and cannons. Ninjas can't dodge things like that.

I personally like ninjas because they are more.. kept then pirates, stealthy, can do things very efficiently in a low amount of time.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Pirates in my opinion go on ships and say "ARG!"

That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Even if they don't all do that, it's a generalization, but it's not an opinion.

I respect pirates a lot more than I do ninjas, because ninjas require years of training to become ninjas, while pirates manage to pillage and get what they want with little movement or effort and while highly intoxicated.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

because I can tell you right now, a ninja savours the solitary life!

Of course. Doesn't mean I'd love them back.

I JUST LIKE IT THIS WAY!!!

Arrrrrgh.

Ninjas are sensationalized these days. I'm not the person that prefers assassinating people over looting and pillaging.
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I'm not the person that prefers assassinating people over looting and pillaging.

ever read or watched naruto? the ninja's don't allassasinate and you can start being a ninja a 12. but if you want to be a pirate, you have to be 15 minimum.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

ever read or watched naruto?

That's like learning about special agents from watching James Bond.

the ninja's don't allassasinate

Assassination was one of the things ninjas did, but they also did things like spying. They didn't run around on rooftops in all black either, they usually just dressed up as regular villagers and blended in with the crowd. Basically, they were an older version of Agent 47 (Hitman).

you can start being a ninja a 12. but if you want to be a pirate, you have to be 15 minimum.

My guess would be that ninjas trained for all their lives, and I don't think pirates really had a minimum age, but I doubt a crew of 12 year olds would strike fear into their victims. Besides, you can't be a pirate without a beard.
Showing 16-30 of 54