ForumsSupport ForumCastaway 2 problem

18 9108
Naphalem1
Naphalem1
23 posts
Shepherd

I just logged out 10 mins ago and from some reason the game isn't loading at all. I restarted my browser(IE9), I even restarted my computer. Still can play anyother game too...so what's going on???

• 18 Replies
Naphalem1
Naphalem1
23 posts
Shepherd

Typooooo!!! I was playing the game before I logged, just won't work anymore. >.<

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Oh dear, this is from a day ago....

Hey Naphalem, what shows up when you try to download the game? No Flashblock or any of that stuff, right? When I download games, I get a black screen for nearly all of them, though if I wait for a bit, the loader shows up with the progress being in the middle of its work. So, to me, while the screen was shown as black, the loader was already working! If you have a black screen, see if you can't wait there for a minute or two to see if the loader pops back on.

And to make sure that it's not an AG problem, see if you can play it on another site.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

That game is pretty big compared to other games. I have noticed that even on my computer (which has an Intel Core i5 processor and with 5 bars) the game sometimes lags a bit.

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

For the past couple of days I've been unable to play this game either. I played it for a while a couple of days ago, then later tried to go back to it. The page loads and shows me the ad for the premium version and has the title "Castaways II Island of the Titans", but the game loader beneath that never shows up, and there's nothing to click (not even something invisible). I've revisited Armor Games at various intervals to see if there's any improvement, but as of this morning there's still nothing.

I've tested other game sites and at the bottom it says "Loading", runs through the percentages in a matter of 3 to 4 seconds, then shows me the "Start Game" button. After leaving the Armor Games window open for half an hour there's still nothing that lets me start the game. I could start playing again on one of the other sites that lets me load it, but I'd rather continue the game I've already started here.

Cheers,
Heather

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

A few months ago, I couldn't play one of the "Robot want's..." games on Explorer. I tried everything until I saw a thread talking about Mozilla Firefox. So I went to the page, downloaded it for a few minutes, and then I played the game
My suggestion (if you haven't already) is download Firefox.

Karal
Karal
4 posts
Shepherd

dont sound to good.

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

And today it's magically working again. Someone must have fixed it quietly.

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

Aaaaaannnnd... it's down again. Start button has vanished once more. What's up with this thing?

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

stuff like that happens all the time. all you can do is play another game for a while. after about 20 minutes or so, the game should be up and running. I've done this ever since I started going on to this site (way before I was a member) and this method seems to work so far.

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

Nah, for me it stays dead for days at a time. Just this morning it's working again, but I tried several times since my last post, and no joy. The fact that it's intermittent tells me it's nothing to do with my computer and something that's going on at Armor Games' end.

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, lovely, and it's killed my autosave slot. There's still an individual save I did back on the 12th, but that's hours of gameplay lost. Grrrrr. Is anybody from AG ever going to read this thread and fix their problems with this game?

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

Here I am two days later, and of course after I finished the session that I was magically able to get into on the 18th, I've not been able to access the game since. Is the OP still having this problem as well? Is anyone else having this problem? Is anyone even reading this thread anymore?

*sigh*

Mooglewee
Mooglewee
2 posts
Nomad

Well, do you have any cleaning program, or something?
It may have erased the cookies.
Or if it even erased the onsite saving, it just had have been a glitch.

Mooglewee
Mooglewee
2 posts
Nomad

And, eh... do you know how to evolve pets?

HeatherA
HeatherA
22 posts
Blacksmith

It's not just on my computer at home. It fails to work on my computer at work as well. And I can load the game from other sites without any problems - it's just the Armor Games version that gives me headaches.

By evolving pets - do you mean how to hatch one from an egg? Otherwise, in terms of them levelling, they level themselves as they gain Experience. Their stats increase automatically - you don't get to choose which stats improve.

If you want to hatch one from an egg, the first town you come to with a Sigil has a bunch of buildings (Astraea's Bastion). The building just up and to the right a little from the Sigil statue is the stable. Drop off eggs there, and they'll hatch after a few minutes - you get a notice saying that an egg's hatched. To get back there to pick up your hatched pet, either walk or use one of the teleporters (they look like shimmering blue feathers).

Showing 1-15 of 18