The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernAll nighters

43 4956
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

This is the thread to share your all nighter storys.
This thread is also for sharing your tactics to pulling off an all nighter.

I am currently pulling of an all nighter right now as i type this btw on a school night.

• 43 Replies
YepYepYep
YepYepYep
35 posts
Nomad

Drink lots of coffee and keep the lights on and bright. Take breaks and walk around to keep your focus. Good luck!

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I had an all-nighter last week.
I drank a can of red-bull at 12:AM
it kept me up ALL night.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

During my finals week for my last semester of Philosophy undergrad, I stayed up for a total of 86 hours.

During that time I finished several papers and prepared for exams. It was a bit of a wild time after that as well.

I do not recommend staying up and then drinking alcohol. Probably the worst hang over in my life, to date.

machinesway
machinesway
101 posts
Nomad

^ I think all philosophy university students have gone through that, I know I did, worked out in the end but I do not recommend it, but red bull combined with caffeine tablets helps.

skullzero7
skullzero7
32 posts
Nomad

I usually take 10 minute breaks on AG while studying so i dont fall asleep. Still in high school though so work load is not that intense.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've had many all nighters. Some of them are with friends. We would usually go outside and play round up. Round up is a bit like hide and seek, but more mature, I guess. All the people go around hiding throughout the neighborhood, then one of them has to find them. We are able to hide where ever we want, and you have to catch the person, not just see them. There is no base. It takes about an hour or two to play one game of round up.

Other all nighters would be me and my friends playing games, or something else. Then some of my all nighters are usually by myself. I don't get much sleep at night, it's difficult for me to get on a schedule. So I'll usually be on the Internet watching videos/listening to music on YouTube and go onto other tabs such as Facebook, AG, Kongregate, etc..

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I hit submit too soon. Well, I don't have to do much to stay up all night. If I'm having fun, then that's what it takes for me to stay up. Most of the time I don't have to drink any caffeine or energy drinks to pull an all nighter. But other times when I do have to, then I'll drink some red bull, some times I'll mix it with Gatorade.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't drink anything for all-nighters. Yes, I can take the pain. I still take a cold shower to wake myself up though.

I find it extremely easy to stay up when I have an adrenaline rush... which isn't too often. Still, I bear.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yes, I can take the pain.

Not really any pain, besides your eyes getting heavier.
I still take a cold shower to wake myself up though.

I usually take cold showers in the morning to wake up, but it depends on the weather. For all nighters if I don't have something to drink that'll give me an energy boost, then I'll take a hot shower, a very hot shower. Those wake me up more than cold showers at night.
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Like i've done one once that was on my way to new house so i was thinking of alot of things. I almost pulled one with a friend 6 am

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What's the longest everyone has stayed up?

My longest was 72 hours, it was during Summer of last year. I had a few of my friends stay over my house for a few days, and we did a lot of things throughout that time. We played round up, played video games, played sports at the park, went to the mall, went to the pool... that had to be one of the funnest times in my life. When I finally fell asleep, it was just about the best sleep that I ever had.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

The longest I have stayed awake?
168 hours or so. Woo.

All nighters are easy, really. I don't sleep much anyways, so staying awake till it is time for school is no biggie.
I don't really do anything for it to happen, I guess, but when I do stay up even though I'm tired, in order to finish school work, every 30 minutes to an hour I splash cold water on my face.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Pssshed. I don't even go to bed some nights. I'd have to say MoonFairy's comment correltaes with my mind too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

168 hours or so.

...Too long.
All nighters are easy, really. I don't sleep much anyways, so staying awake till it is time for school is no biggie.

They aren't difficult for me either, but I do like to get in some sleep before I do schoolwork, so that my brain doesn't explode.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Too long? Lol. I just couldn't sleep, even if I wanted to I doubt I would've been able to.

They aren't difficult for me either, but I do like to get in some sleep before I do schoolwork, so that my brain doesn't explode.

I don't really do my school work as much as I should, so maybe there is a reason I don't mind it xD
Showing 1-15 of 43