The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat Does Pork Bacon Taste Like? (Questions From a Kosher Jew)

47 10756
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I have never had a piece of pork or ham or pig products in my life. What does real bacon taste like, how does it compare to turkey bacon, and what do other trayfe (non-kosher) foods like lobster and shrimp taste like?

• 47 Replies
savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I don't think pork bacon tastes as good as people say it does.

It kind of tastes like fat. Not much else.
I've never had lobster, but shrimp is good. Kind of sweet and meaty. Sadly I'm allergic, so I've only had it once.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well umm... Its greasy, and salty, it tastes almost like turkey bacon but not quite. Taste is kinda hard to describe...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Being another kosher jew, the best i have had is tofu bacon.

Hammz
Hammz
38 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm muslim, so I'm right up there with you bro.
But, some of my friends say it tastes like "heaven."
Others say its repulsive.

I personally think that it would taste very greasy and fatty. Like a Big Whopper Mac.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Depends on who makes it.
If it's really good bacon, it's quite delicious. Though I wouldn't call it "heaven"

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Bacon can be summed up like this:

The best part of the bacon is the fatty part. O_o

At least, to me, it is.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

my mother knows since she wasnt always jewish. i asked her and she told me its really good but not good enough to in a top food list XD

Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

I have been vegetarian since I was about 4-5 years old. I want to ask; Does everything actually taste like chicken or is it really just some sick and twisted lie? Lol.
And does Quorn bacon taste in anyway like the real McCoy? (Because I find it doesn't actually taste very nice.:L)

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fatty and greasey. And salty. Yum I love Bacon. Best meat ever. But since I'm trying to go vegetarian I don't eat much meat anymore. Or at all. Once in a while I do.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

have never had a piece of pork or ham or pig products in my life.

What does real bacon taste like

lobster and shrimp taste like?

well first, off that sucks you havent eatin meat

second, AMAZING its salty and fatty and greesy

third, amazing! cant describe either of them though
redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

It really depends on who makes the bacon but it's a very delicious breakfast choice.

Does everything actually taste like chicken or is it really just some sick and twisted lie?

Well it's quite interesting. Your tounge only recognizes 5 different flavors: sweetness, bitterness, sourness, saltiness, and umami.

So whenever someone has a new meat that your sense of touch has never encountered (say snake meat) your sense of smell begins to search for a category in your brain that your familiar with, it continues as you start to eat it and taste it, the brain tricks itself into thinking that it's chicken and therefor the taste resembles that of chicken.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Dude to be honest, bacon is alright. You can eat it in a weekend with eggs or whatever. When you start having it everyday...it tastes like shi....

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Not really Microe. Bacon is awesome. I use to eat it everyday. And I never got sick of it. It's great. You should eat it sometime.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Dude to be honest, bacon is alright. You can eat it in a weekend with eggs or whatever. When you start having it everyday...it tastes like shi....

Currently living off of bacon (on pasta), I have to say it is better than living off of ramen noddles.
All a matter of taste, I guess.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Ramen is all fat and salt. Yes Bacon is alot. But at least bacon has more protein than Ramen Noddles.

Showing 1-15 of 47