ForumsGames3DS

85 12891
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

What do you guys think of the Nintendo 3DS?

• 85 Replies
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

The only thing stopping me is the lack of games. I'd really only buy it for Ocarina Of Time 3D right now.

They should have more games later on. The ones I am expecting are remake of Mario games.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

There is definitely a lack of games for the system. It's kinda nostalgic and frustrating at the same time that a great deal of the games for the system are remakes of games from aged systems! :P

At first, I was skeptical, but after my friend showed me a bit, I was amazed! Granted it bugged my eyes a bit, it was really cool!

I love Nintendo's game series and systems, and it seems like they're somewhat like pioneers in new gaming technology, but they sometimes seem to do it poorly or as if in a rush. For example, Wii; then PS Move and XBOX Kinect come out, and they're better (though I don't want to admit it).

Dylski11
Dylski11
37 posts
Nomad

Bout 1 hour ago i bought a new 3ds
I gotta say it is excellent and the game graphics in 3d are heaps good. Hurts your eyes once you first start tho. But u get use to it pretty quickly. Any pokemon is good on the 3ds as i have bought all of them while i was there.

Definitely worth the buy.
Thanks Kashi for your thoughts on it.

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Bout 1 hour ago i bought a new 3ds
I gotta say it is excellent and the game graphics in 3d are heaps good. Hurts your eyes once you first start tho. But u get use to it pretty quickly. Any pokemon is good on the 3ds as i have bought all of them while i was there.

Definitely worth the buy.
Thanks Kashi for your thoughts on it.

On no problem. Yeah, when I first tried it out, the 3D hurt my eyes, probably because I wasnt use to it. The next day, I played it again, and it was okay; it didn't hurt my eyes. Yes Pokemon games are my favorite games on the DS. I hope they make pokemon games for the 3ds in the future. That will be awesome.
calemango
calemango
83 posts
Nomad

I used to really want the 3DS and I still kinda do, its just that when i ask someone if i should get it, most say no. That and I'm saving my money for the PSP 2 (which comes out in Dec.) if its affordable in the states. I'm torn between both portable gaming systems because both have different advantages and I cant really compare them. I know all the benefits of the 3DS (good graphic, option to switch 3d off/on etc)but I'm starting to question my desicions. Can I have help on the matter, please?

ooier
ooier
28 posts
Shepherd

3DS is nice
i have one and i like it.
buy it

divy1324
divy1324
436 posts
Nomad

Yea you should totally get one but maybe like later on because they didn't make that much games yet so I made the mistake of getting it the day it came out... literally! But nintendo dogs+cats is pretty adorable ( I am a girl!)

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Can I have help on the matter, please?

I Personally think 3ds is better. First, of course, there are neat graphics along with 3d. Not just that, but I am more of a Nintendo person, and the games I like are Pokemon, Mario, etc. Overall, i would say it is a matter of opinion. I personally say 3DS is better.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

That and I'm saving my money for the PSP 2 (which comes out in Dec.) if its affordable in the states.

The wifi-only model costs 250$ while the 3G model costs 300$

I'm torn between both portable gaming systems because both have different advantages and I cant really compare them. I know all the benefits of the 3DS (good graphic, option to switch 3d off/on etc)but I'm starting to question my desicions. Can I have help on the matter, please?

This one is quite easy. Look at both game libraries. Which games interest you enough that you want to get the handheld they are on? Are said games already released? If not, wait until they actually are. There's no need to rush and if you wait long enough, you might be able to buy it at a reduced price.

There's really no point in buying either of them just for the hardware.

Nintendo Handhelds are especially "risky" in this regard, since they always release revised hardware at a later date. And I hear the 3DS's battery life is pretty bad.
rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

I actually really like the 3DS. I've only got 1 game so far (SF4) but I'm hoping to get the zelda game soon and I'm probably gonna get Mario kart 3D, Super Mario and kid Icarus: Uprising. Icarus looks a lot like kingdom hearts, and I mean that by gameplay and not the story. (Ground mode=normal - Air fighting=gummi ship) Also online looks really cool

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Im pretty angred about this. I mean, sure, i want a 3DS, but i cant get one right now. But then they get a CONSOLE game, luigi's mansion(one of the best games of all time) and make a HAND HELD version of it. Well i WOULD buy that, if it wasnt hand held. I mean, looking over it in game informer, it being on the 3DS instead of Wii U or wii. Same with the new paper mario. A console game converted to hand held. I dont get why they are remakeing a bunch of awsome games onto a HAND HELD, and downgrading it a bunch.

calemango
calemango
83 posts
Nomad

Well thanks, Ka****o and KentyBK, at least I have an opinion with background knowledge and I can find out more when I look up both game libraries.

PSP 2 (or PSP NGP)- will be able to play older PSP games from the store available in its selection menu and gameplay has similar graphics as ps3. Games like- Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout, Hustle Kings, Soundshapes, and Super Stardust Delta.

3ds- well most of you know them any way so I'm not really gonna bother.

I'll probably buy myself a PSP ngp mostly b/c first, I have a ds lite, a 48inch 3d TV (i have no clue why my step dad bought it) and I don't have a ps3 while this is like a mini version etc.
Plus, my younger brother is probably gonna beg my parents for a 3ds so its a win-win situation experiencing both. ( he was like drooling over it when i was looking up the benefits.)
Anyways, Thanks again.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Im pretty angred about this. I mean, sure, i want a 3DS, but i cant get one right now. But then they get a CONSOLE game, luigi's mansion(one of the best games of all time) and make a HAND HELD version of it.

Darthnerd, perhaps you don't know how the porting works with hardware generations. Nintendo has been porting games to their portable consoles many times, and they do this when the handhelds are of the same strength of the console the game was created. You know how Super Mario 64 was re-released to the DS, right? Because the DS is of the same strength as the N64! It only makes sense to port Luigi's Mansion to the 3DS, because the 3DS is of the same strength as the former Gamecube.
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I'll probably buy myself a PSP ngp mostly b/c first, I have a ds lite, a 48inch 3d TV (i have no clue why my step dad bought it) and I don't have a ps3 while this is like a mini version etc.
Plus, my younger brother is probably gonna beg my parents for a 3ds so its a win-win situation experiencing both. ( he was like drooling over it when i was looking up the benefits.)
Anyways, Thanks again.

No problem; pick what you want the most.
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Its really cool how they have a red 3ds now. I heard there will be an Ice White 3ds in the future, but not very sure. These colors are really cool; hope they come out with more.

Showing 61-75 of 85