ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162543
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

I really like the idea. I think it would work well.

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

i just dont see when i would i ever use live chat.i dont think you should, but im obviously outvoted! :P

NoPlee
NoPlee
14 posts
Peasant

man It would be cool to have chat rooms on games or even just general ones

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

man It would be cool to have chat rooms on games

That wouldn't be so cool when you think about how many people would have to moderate all these individual chat rooms. A chat room requires constant surveillance, and if that isn't provided, it can get out of hand and eventually ruined. It would be quite challenging to ensure 24-hour surveillance for as few as 3 in-game chat rooms if the moderation team consists of fewer than a dozen people.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

man It would be cool to have chat rooms on games

That wouldn't be so cool when you think about how many people would have to moderate all these individual chat rooms. A chat room requires constant surveillance, and if that isn't provided, it can get out of hand and eventually ruined. It would be quite challenging to ensure 24-hour surveillance for as few as 3 in-game chat rooms if the moderation team consists of fewer than a dozen people.

Cormyn already discussed this topic, and he said it will probably not happen.... Read the last few pages of this thread and your' questions will probably be answered
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

Well, heres an add on... Maybe if you want, on your' control panel, you can enable/disable the feature... Like it?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Well, heres an add on... Maybe if you want, on your' control panel, you can enable/disable the feature... Like it?

That would make the idea even better, so yes.
ClemReal51
ClemReal51
3 posts
Blacksmith

Excuse me, I'm french, and I think that would be great if there wille be a french forum, or a french chat, exclusive in French. Is it possible ? :S

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Excuse me, I'm french, and I think that would be great if there wille be a french forum, or a french chat, exclusive in French. Is it possible ? :S

But just know, there are many different languages spoken on here from different countries. Considering this is an American website, I think we'll only have English chat rooms.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Chat, like every other form of communication on the site (other than private messages on ag3) will have to be in English. We can't have moderators in every language on the site, so we want everything to be done in English.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

We can't have moderators in every language on the site, so we want everything to be done in English.

What about adding a translator feature to the chat?
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Just wondering is the idea for AG chat app for ipod, iphone and iPad something to be considered? Or maybe it written in a language that iPod's can use.

I would use it a lot and if it came with tabs for the forums... even better.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Just wondering is the idea for AG chat app for ipod, iphone and iPad something to be considered? Or maybe it written in a language that iPod's can use.

A chat app would be the end of my life. I struggle enough trying to stay away from AG. Yet it could actually be pretty handy during class..
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

XD lol... good one... Well saying that you're 20 and still love AG then yes, it would be pretty hard now wouldn't it?

XxMadHatterxX
XxMadHatterxX
2 posts
Nomad

That would be cool.I dont know how that would turn out, but hope it will done.

Showing 151-165 of 504