The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64722
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
ZACKDABEASTABLE
ZACKDABEASTABLE
4 posts
Nomad

I think to sign up you people have to include your win percentage.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

when does ep2 come out anyway

AngelOfDecisiveness
AngelOfDecisiveness
46 posts
Nomad

Will there be another beta?

AngelOfDecisiveness
AngelOfDecisiveness
46 posts
Nomad

And if there is, will it be for longer?

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Will there be another beta?

At first, it was alpha.
After alpha (ancient greek letter. it means 1.) comes beta (ancient greek letter. It means 2.) So we will have to wait till beta comes out, what will still take a few days, weeks, months. :S When beta comes out, there will be a testing time(a few of us will probably test it), to find all (as many as possible) bugs. After beta John will fix the bugs and will release the game then.
leosgooners
leosgooners
7 posts
Nomad

nice idea for tournament, but people'll just lie about their stats

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

once again, please remember z and tart have to read EVERY comment we make here so please keep it an assignment thread + things that are only coneected to the tournement.

also, they cant lie about their stats since we will eventually SEE them...

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Not that it matters since "cheaters" will eventually lose to the people that are actually good.

As for the matchups, here's my own idea. I'd appreciate it if everyone else looks over it and gives some feedback (Yes Z that means you too ;P)

Right now we have a little over 64 participants and we have two choices to reduce them:

1) Kick out the people that signed up too late (which is a bit of an unfair choice I admit)

2) Take a certain number of people from the bottom of the list (right now the last 4 ) and let them compete seperately for the tournament spot. That also means we get the "best of the worst" into it, which seems like the best solution.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Now as for the tourny itself. My idea would be a sort of &quotreliminary round" and a main tournament round which are both slightly different.

The preliminary round will be 4-player rooms. Since we have 64 people, that means having 16 preliminary rounds, with 4 racers each. After a predetermined number of races, the two best of each group advance to the main tourny.

My idea for actual Matchups for these rooms is as follows:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
64 63 62 61 60 59 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50 49

(Let's hope AG formatting doesn't ruin this one >.&lt

Let me explain the concept a bit more in detail. We assign each person to a room according to their position on the member list (which is sorted by seed). So number 1 would go in room 1, etc.

The difference is that when the first 16 are assigned, we assign the next 16 in BACKWARDS order, meaning 17 would go in room 16 and number 18 would go in room 15.

This should, in theory, balance rooms out enough so that we don't get "all experts" and "all beginner" rooms.

For instance, here's my preliminary room if we used this system:

KentyBK
MrCoffee
Scarlettt
goshiCrazy

As for the main tournament, I think it should be 1v1 races all the way through. The matchups themselves would be determined by a random number generator.

Any other ideas? I'd love to hear them.

AngelOfAxe
AngelOfAxe
1 posts
Nomad

If there is any room left (which I doubt) I'd like to participate. I've got 1586/3434 right now (keep in mind this is my only account, so the percentage is lower than my playing strength right now). This sounds like a lot of fun xD

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i dont like the kicking out idea and i really think you should do the 2nd one. and i agree 1 on 1 races seem much more exciting in my opinion. in the end 1 on 1 will also help placing people on a top list

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

I'd actually liked a modulous where the best 2 of a Room proceed for as long as possible. This way you can have bad runs, or do mistakes without beeing eleminated in an instant. Still best consistency will get to the end and give good quarter/semi/finals

AngelOfDecisiveness
AngelOfDecisiveness
46 posts
Nomad

Yes because if say, faithpath ended up racing me and he made a mistake, that would be bad because he's probably better than me.

giorgos619
giorgos619
5 posts
Nomad

yea i like faith's idea because we cant always be perfect

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I'd actually liked a modulous where the best 2 of a Room proceed for as long as possible. This way you can have bad runs, or do mistakes without beeing eleminated in an instant. Still best consistency will get to the end and give good quarter/semi/finals

That's a logistical nightmare. It'll already be hard enough to organise four people at a time for the preliminary rounds because of possible timezone issues.

Besides, if we go by Z's OP, each round will have 25 races each, which should be plenty to eliminate the issue.
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Alright, well KentyBK and I have worked out how each round will work, and how the opponents will be chosen.

1st Round

Simple enough to follow, there will be 64 participants. The participants will be split into 4 groups based on their win%'s. The top 16 win %'s will be the first in the group, with the best in % player in group 1, the 16th best in group 16. Which groups the 2nd best win %'s, etc. will go should be self-explanatory.
Then win %'s 17-32 will be treated the same way, with 17th best win % going into group 1, 32nd best going into group 16, and this will continue for the the other 2 groups.

This will make Round 1 4-person groups.

How you advance to Round 2 will be based off of a points system. How the point system works is like this:
1st place gets 4 points
2nd place gets 3 points
3rd place gets 2 points
4th place gets 1 point

The player with the most points after 21 matches wins the group and will move on, and 2nd place in points will also move onto Round 2.

If there is a tie for 2nd place, the 2 players who are tied will do a 1 race sudden death to determine who goes to Round 2.

If there is a 3-way or 4-way tie for 2nd or 1st(unlikely but still possible) then they will compete in a 1 match sudden death, where 1st and 2nd place in that race will move onto Round 2.

The reason we are doing a points system instead of going by who has the most wins is because we also want to see consistency.

For example, say in the 1st Round 1 player is constantly getting 2nd place, say he got 2nd 16 times, but he only had 2 wins, he would likely not move onto the 2nd Round due to ahving so few wins, despite showing he can keep up with the leader.

And say 1 player is constantly getting 3rd or 4th place, but manages to get 5 wins, he would move on instead of the person who was constantly getting 2nd, which I personally find a bit unfair.

For Round 2, there will also be a seeding system. The seeding system is going to be based off of the points you earned in the 1st Round. The player with the most points will face the player with the least amount of points who moved onto Round 2. The player with the 2nd most points would face the player with the 2nd least amount, and so on.

Of course, I acknowledge the fact that there could be a tie for the most amount of points, so whoever raced 1st will get the player with the fewest points because he would've had less time to practice.

The 2nd Round and the remaining rounds will all be 1-vs-1 matches, where you will race 21 time. The player with the most wins will move onto Round 3, and so on.

Of course, I will add that if a player has clinched the win, say he got 11 wins in 15 matches, then they would not be required to keep going. The players may choose to continue, but they will not be forced to since we already know who will move onto the next round.

Those are pretty much the rules for advancing in the tournament.

Now for disqualifications. There is really only 1 way you can be disqualified. The time limit to reach your match. Now I understand people have been saying that 5 minutes is too short of a time limit, so I am extending the time limit to be disqualified up to 15 minutes instead.

Last thing, if you wish to withdraw from the tournament for whatever reason, you must either say you are withdrawing from the tournament on this thread, or place it on my account comments wall.

That pretty much sums it all up. If there are any questios, feel free to ask them.

Showing 301-315 of 342